For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

Thorien_Kell

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,726.00
Why am I asking?
Well I felt nostalgic last months and the I've reinstalled and finished DKS, twice, and prepared my character for PvP in future release of remaster.
Then I started to play DKS2 again, I have all DLCs and never wanted to buy SOTFS because, heck, it's the same game, more or less.

But now I've remembered good times I had with pvp in this game and I checked steam stats - it seems that vanilla is barely played any more (400 ppl daily) and SOTFS is still pretty solid at 2k+ daily players (same as original DKS btw, tough old bird) so I got myself SOTFS, heck when I'm playing and investing my time few bucks more is worth of more jolly cooperation and pvp fun, right?

But for some reason, and although my old games work perfectly, and I have pretty decent and updated PC, SOTFS is giving me a middle finger no matter what I try, and I've tried, believe me, everything. Have lost hours and hours but game just refuses to work. I haven't had this issue in years. And this should be "polished and upgraded" game version. Right.

I could just continue to play vanilla but now my fun is ruined knowing that all the folks are in the new version, having fun and pvp-ing while I'm still in vanilla, almost alone. It invalidates the effort. Dang.

So basically my question /or TLDR is - am I missing anything MP-wise in DKS2-SOTFS? Does this game still have meta /active pvp community covenants, fight clubs, co-op? Or it's more or less same what version I play and multiplayer is just poor anywhere?
"Forgive me, all of you, for I have availed you nothing..."
Knight Artorias of Four

Thorien_Kell

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,726.00
Aaand to answer my own question, since noone else will, yes even in this miserable state there is still some pvp left in DKS2 vanilla on PC. I did few invasions, kill few guys, and last night there was three of us battling on iron bridge : ) I had 2 or three cooperations on boss killing by now (70% of game done, lvl 120) ... so it's very unfrequented and sporadic but yes, you can even to this day find some evidence of pvp in this game. Oh well.
"Forgive me, all of you, for I have availed you nothing..."
Knight Artorias of Four

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 23,944.50
Wiki Edits: 26
good to know: I was actually contemplating the exact same thing but on PS4: I have the trophies counter stuck at 82% on the game that I played on PS3 back then...
now I need this game platinumed so I can say that I have all souls game platinumed. I will probably get my hand back on a murakumo with a really good moveset and my sweet sweet raw santier spear!
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

Bygl

Souls: 65.00
I am playing SOTFS a lot nowadays and there is quite the community ther - at least for PVP. I think that at least 1000 of the 2000 players are actively playing PVP there.

Here is a list of the best places to invade and fightclub at :
Arena (My SM is 5 000 000)
BoB Arena: Almost instant matchups, the longest I waited was 2 minutes
BlueSen Arena: Less lively, but you can still get a few matchups if you wait 5 - 10 minutes
Iron Bridge Club: Most popular fightclub in the game, you will always find a red / draggon sign here, no matter the NG cycle
Eleum Bridge Club: Not very popular, but still good + I like to fightclub at this place a whole lot more than at Iron Keep, I still find sign at NG
Grand Cathedral Club: Very rare at NG, but I believe its great at higher cycles
Invasions
FoFG: Probably the best place to start your invasion career, really consistent invasions up to memory tier 5
HToF: Pretty good + probably the only place where you will get summoned as a blue spirit, memory tier 5+ reccomended
DrangCastle: Surprisingly good place to invade, with chances to be summoned by the Glass Knight! Fun times..
All DLC locations: A lot of invasions at high memory - tier 35+ reccomended

I hope I helped you find some consistent PVP in DksII, and keep in mind that all of this info is from my expierence so it might be a little diffrent for you!