The place to discuss Dark Souls II

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,586.00
Okay okay I know I JUST posted about a Sorcerer build and its going okay...on round two after my idiot dog pulled the plug on my ps3 and corrupted the save data, i lost everything including a level 210ish melee and a level 200 hexer...

But point is i'm slowly rebuilding I've got the Sorcerer back and going well, next up is plotting a rebuild of my big Melee build. And this time I think I'm going to go more towards dual wield/power stancing perhaps... and I've never made a build like this any advice?

I might make a melee character and slowly add in dark/hexes actually make it a mixed build give it more variety as once I get the melee stats down it won't be too hard to start building int/faith and attunment

And mostly just asking for advice dex and str are both equally desired to power stance so options on both end are welcome. I'll probably end game armor into Drakeblood set

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Mostly just looking for advice on good stats to focus on first I have a good bit of experience in DS2 but not so much with not having a shield. (Even my sorcerer build I'm working on has the Royal Kite shield on the left hand most of the time.) Like should I get more health/stamina first and work on str/dex second? since I won't be able to block and need to dodge/tank more hits?

Or would having the stats to dual wield be better...

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 415.00
Bank: 5,855.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Dark_Phantom_Reaper wrote:Mostly just looking for advice on good stats to focus on first I have a good bit of experience in DS2 but not so much with not having a shield. (Even my sorcerer build I'm working on has the Royal Kite shield on the left hand most of the time.) Like should I get more health/stamina first and work on str/dex second? since I won't be able to block and need to dodge/tank more hits?

Or would having the stats to dual wield be better...

strength builds are the simplest route to pve dominance. use the greatsword (the ultra) and put points into health, strength, and stamina in equal parts, put points into carry weight as needed and try to have adaptability at 21 by the time you get to drangleic castle. might want to consider dual wielding them, being able to do 1200 damage on demand is helpful. you can decide to re-spec into spells after you have all the stuff you want if you so desire.

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

yeah like I said adding magic would be a 'once my physical stats are all where I want them dump extra levels into the magic side' moment...

And yeah the Greatsword is one weapon I'm thinking of using, but also toying with Zweihander, and the Drakewing UGS

Dark_Phantom_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

But might toss in enough faith to use caressing prayer, repeated poison/ect heals is a useful thing since life gems take care of small heals