Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

GreatswordIsNice

Souls: 65.00
I know, I know, I'm a bit late. DS2 was my first souls game, several years ago, and I have recently started playing through the DLC, which I had not the courage to do before. I finished all of them with the help of some very helpful summons. Anyways, this might have been heavily explored already, but what happened to Raime? Was he really at fault for his excommunication? Was Vendrick already going hollow at this time? And what about the rebel greatshield, was that Raime's or simply related to him? Did he use the shield in place of his ultra Greatsword? And where is Brume tower? Are there any theories as to what is up with it?

Also: the last post I've seen on here was around 2 years ago so I'm not super optimistic. Just putting this out there.

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 43,808.00
Wiki Edits: 116
I Am Going To Post A Bunch Of Lore On This Subject.

Straight sword forged from the soul of the fume knight, and imbued with the Dark of Nadalia.

The exile swordsman Raime had the ability to expunge the black fog, but chose instead to live alongside it, in the company of the child of Dark that haunts this sword.

Ultra Greatsword forged from the soul of the Fume Knight.

The Exile swordsman Raime had the ability to expunge the black fog, but chose to live alongside it, in company of the child of dark that haunts his sword.

Soul of the fume knight that guards the dungeon of Brume Tower.
Raime was a distinguished knight who became infatuated with the Bride of Ash, and settled in this land of smoke and fog.
The wondrous soul of this knight can be used to acquire numerous souls, or to create something of great worth.

Shield of the rebel Raime."
"Raime and Velstadt were known as the left- and right-arms of the King, until their wills clashed, and Raime was deemed a traitor."
"The black raven is despised as an augur of death, but it was Raime's favorite bird."

Armor/Leggings worn by the fume knight.
The rebel Raime, after his defeat by Velstadt, came to Brume Tower in search of greater strength.
When he found it, it came not from a regal father like before, but from a newfound mother, who gave him true purpose

Soul of Nadalia, Bride of Ash,
who renounced her flesh and wandered Brume Tower.
In the act of dancing, the Bride of Ash was transfigured as smoke,
enticing people to her residence.
And so her seat of power came to be known as the Brume Tower.
The wondrous soul of this augur of solitude
can be used to acquire numerous souls,
or to create something of great worth.

From How I Am Reading The Lore, Raime Fought Velstadt, Possibly For Turing On The King. I Suspect He Might Have Wanted To Kill Nashandra Realizing She Was A Child Of Dark. I mention This Because Raime's Lore Is He Traveled To Brume Tower Seeking Strength And Having The Ability To Rid The Tower Of Nadalia But Became Infatuated With Her Instead And Took Her Power Into His Swords.

Given The Shield Mentions Raime I Suspect It Did Belong To Him And He Abandoned It IN Shame OF His Defeat Or Exile. For All We Know Given The Location Of The Shield And How He Reacts To Velstadts Armor, The Shield Could Have Been Left Behind As An Invitation To A Rematch Against Velstadt.

Shop Icon