The place to discuss Dark Souls II

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 22,721.00
Wiki Edits: 15
I mean, I knew about it, but in the past I always played casters or just two handed big swords. I've been trying out a dex build, with no magic or miracles, running a rapier and a short bow, basically. When I was having some trouble with the skellies in the copse, I paired a falchion with the rapier, and holy CRAP. This is awesome. Since I put loads of points into endurance and adaptability, I can be pretty mobile.

Any other power stance weapon combos I should try out, as the game progresses?
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,473.00
Ha, ha, there were many superior things about DS2 that should have carried to DS3 and power stancing was a big one. The other big one was the short-term summon. The other big one was the 11 minute limit on invasions. My other favorite was the friendly-fire spell I used to kill hosts and other summons who were bugging the sh*t out of me. The better fashion choices. God, I loved my cute backpack and shorts showing knobby knees.

Sorry, I don’t remember game mechanic details. It’s been many years. I loved the 3 special skinned weapons that From gifted us. My MLGS-skinned long Sword was my very favorite.

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Yeah, it still baffles me that DS2 got so much hate. Sure it had some flaws, but there were so many creative ideas on display as far as gameplay goes.

mothereternity

Souls: 3,511.00
Bank: 1,382.00
Wiki Edits: 996
For a fun powerstance moveset that generally wrecks use warped sword off hand and chaos blade (or blacksteel) I loved it so much fun. Duel powerstanced Majestic greatswords was awesome too
Bound to the FEXUS

Even in darkness we need the light. Forum Rules to guide you thru t2/forum-guidelines/
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 1,690.50
Bank: 57,391.00
Wiki Edits: 12604
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:Yeah, it still baffles me that DS2 got so much hate. Sure it had some flaws, but there were so many creative ideas on display as far as gameplay goes.

Score wise it stands at the top, along with Demon's Souls and Bloodborne.

But ya, it didn't have the "atmosphere" of Dark Souls 1.

I like the curved sword power stance moveset.

Then there's: fists, rapiers, katanas, Ultra Greatswords and Great Clubs.

Ultra Greatswords and Great Clubs aren't very elegant movesets, but they hit hard.
Shop IconShop Icon

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

In hindsight it almost seems like power stancing is there to compensate for some of the difficulty spikes, especially on later cycles.