Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

does the passive buffs of this weapon still work even if i don't reach 19 strength requirement?
Yes.
can you only get this word once per character, or can you get it multiple times?
Only once per character unfortunately
get on pumparum reddit and people will trade you a spare
For some reason I am not getting the healing while using it
U gotta hit em alllllooooot to get effective healing
How wil this work with Demon's Fist?

If I equip both weapons, then dual wield the Fists, will I still get the passive buffs from OWCS?

And if I understand correctly, it stacks with both the Pontiff's eyes?
Yes, a favorite build of mine is to put this on my back, use a fast hitting weapon like fist weapons or the dual katanas, and wear pontiff rings and cast carthus beacon. If you consistently hit it leads to some incredible dps

Wikingking

Souls: 50.00
So do I really have to believe, that using this with pontiff ring will heal 120 HP PER HIT? I mean, you may only land 3 or 4 hits at a time cause this sword is pretty heavy, but that would mean 360-480 HP regen, which is crazy (around 1/4th or total healthpool). I ask this, because I really can't see this ingame, I mean it 'may' happen, but I'm usually too busy to track heal/hit. But it just seems unlikely.
The heal doesn't trigger on every hit (seems to be about every 4th hit if it's in fast succession). It's still a potent heal for a passive effect, but it's by no means broken.
Actually, using it without the ring gives 120 HP. The Ring adds more healing to it. But you are incorrect about one thing; the heal doesn't trigger every hit. Different weapons have different amounts of times you have to hit before the Pontiff's Left Eye ring heal actually goes off, but it sounds like with this sword, its like 3-4 hits before the heal happens. All in all, its not as OP as 120+ HP per hit like you thought, but it is still quite a significant heal as you go through an area.
This thing gets a little frightening if you stack it with Carthus Beacon and Pontiff's Right Eye. If you start getting combos (which is easy because of its excellent weapon art) its AR skyrockets (on my build, it goes from 530-ish to just over 800). Using a dual weapon with this on your back works similarly (hello 600 AR unbuffed Warden Twinblades). And that's all with virtually no downsides.
So i thought you had to hit a person like 4 times at least to get the buff, i get it in two to three and the bonus is rather significant, well, I ain't complanin ;)
The buff activates differently based on the weapon you use. OWCS starts at two hits but say you got the offhand caestus and it will start after 4 punches.
On its own it's worthless in invasions. Damage is miraculously only half the one as in pve (probably through slash damage), the windup before hitting something takes far to long (en par with greatswords not to mention straightswords or anything faster) and the stamina consuption is insane. The abbysmal low range is the final nail in the coffin. Yes, carthus beacon and pontiff right eye can increase the damage immensely but in PvP it will never proc. If you want to fight in invasions with a curved sword go for for carthus bleed build or high damage Exile GS build because this isn't what you want except you want to fight with a handicap. In the end the only way I can think of this thing may work is as a
Its like you read my thoughts on this weapon, and wrote it down here.

Wolfyre

Casual
Convict

Souls: 66.00
Wiki Edits: 10
I have killed many people in invasions with this weapon. On a dex build with 40 dex both this and the exile curved sword get 514 AR. Quality you do get about 60 more AR with the Exile though and the ability to buff. But if you land an R1 into Weapon art on on the Old Wolf Sword, very easy to pull off, you can easily exceed 700-800 damage hits without having to buff. Plus the buff can be given to other fast twin blade weapons to reap the rewards of a buff and faster move set. This is an incredibly good and underrated weapon.

Unbreakable_Patches

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 62.00
Wiki Edits: 3
"I have killed many people in invasions with this weapon. On a dex build with 40 dex both this and the exile curved sword get 514 AR. Quality you do get about 60 more AR with the Exile though and the ability to buff. But if you land an R1 into Weapon art on on the Old Wolf Sword, very easy to pull off, you can easily exceed 700-800 damage hits without having to buff. Plus the buff can be given to other fast twin blade weapons to reap the rewards of a buff and faster move set. This is an incredibly good and underrated weapon." All Curved Greatswords are top meta in PvP, the only thing that can kill a skilled Curved GS user is a skilled Splitleaf or Curved Sword user.
Doesn't work for me. Damage is much lower in invasions (because of slash type damage?) each hit takes too much time, range is low, the boost rarely activates and the WA is predictable and easy to dodge. And it has a huge stamina consumption. All in all this might work in honor pvp or the arena but for invasions the OWCS is a no go except maybe on dex glass cannon builds. Don't see how someone would choose this over Exile GS or Carthus on a quality build.
It's niche but can stack nicely with the pontiff rings
The benefits of this sword are more useful in PVE than PVP. In PVP you might as well unequip it or use a different weapon to proc the effects.
Yeah it does work wonders when stacked with the pontiff rings and carthus beacon. If you have high poise and dex it will work for pvp.
R1-L2-R2. Done, it’s hard to get used to, but it CAN work wonders in invasions if used right. But exile is generally better
Is there any way to get this sword a second time. I got summoned while getting the reward and it never went in my inventory. I also maxed out the covenant and got the shield and ring but no sword. It's so lame.
trade with someone
If you're playing on PC i can give you one.
I need one as well because the same thing happened to me. :(