Anything related to Dark Souls!

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 22,676.50
Wiki Edits: 21
damn freaking passwords will once again turn this into a gank fest.
SO BE IT!

let's be EVIL with those noobs!
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 13,035.50
announakis wrote:damn freaking passwords will once again turn this into a gank fest.
SO BE IT!

let's be EVIL with those noobs!

i have been trying to get invaded on ds3 i usually need to use the dried finger but then invaders start ganking me, now without the ability to summon phantoms using a dried finger is suicide specially if they decide to allow invader to use half estus which depending on how it work could mean a invader can get 10 estus(20 halved) before the gargoyles while wearing the most broken pvp gear

MaskedTheMan

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 848.00
Wiki Edits: 2
qeter wrote:those changes to healing and phantom numbers smell like dks3. smells kind of like half burnt toast.

I've heard somewhere that that's a sign you're having a stroke... you might want to get that checked out.

MaskedTheMan

Addicted
First Warden

I'm going to start a Giant Dad build, day 1... for old time's sake. Also, I just want the new players to feel the terror that is fighting a Giant Dad invader. Especially a Giant Dad invader who is actually decent at PvP. My goal is to make someone return their copy of the game ASAP.

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,133.00
Wiki Edits: 1
MaskedTheMan wrote:I'm going to start a Giant Dad build, day 1... for old time's sake. Also, I just want the new players to feel the terror that is fighting a Giant Dad invader. Especially a Giant Dad invader who is actually decent at PvP. My goal is to make someone return their copy of the game ASAP.

HahahaHorrific! I still remember the day I was able to barely solo a giant dad in the Enchanted woods with +15 DMB buffed Falchion at SL100. Still might be my greatest souls achievement to date. I will probably run a min req. Giant Dad as well. but also a low level +5 ascended Pyromancy with Blade of fury build around SL16 i think...whatever min. req's for Fury blade demands....Actually, that depends on the match making system using weapon upgrade as parameter or not.
"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." RIP R.J.

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,361.50
MaskedTheMan wrote:I'm going to start a Giant Dad build, day 1... for old time's sake. Also, I just want the new players to feel the terror that is fighting a Giant Dad invader. Especially a Giant Dad invader who is actually decent at PvP. My goal is to make someone return their copy of the game ASAP.

Given that the recent information strongly leans towards level and weapon parameter matching, I will redirect you to this post of the speculative impact.

t547559/speculative-impact-of-weapon-reinforcement-level-matching/

If your goal is to stomp on new players fresh on their journey, the strongest un-upgraded low-req weapons may be the Gravelord Sword, or Obsidian Greatsword.

The SL99 Giant Dad build puts you towards the end of the game.

If you really want to make people quit, you play a gravity build at Sen's Fortress. In times past, I had a great deal of fun with an SL2 Cleric, Force, Dragon Covenant. FYI, Dragon Torso Shout has 100% guard/poise break. No. Don't kill them with gravity. Just push them off of non-lethal ledges and make them claw their way back, and repeat. The raaaaage from cheat-god-mode togglers was intense. SL2 due to unlimited upward invasion range, which will likely no longer be the case, adjust accordingly :)
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
DS3 Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)
DS:Re Phantom Build Guide Draft

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,361.50
Grehym_Blak wrote:

HahahaHorrific! I still remember the day I was able to barely solo a giant dad in the Enchanted woods with +15 DMB buffed Falchion at SL100. Still might be my greatest souls achievement to date. I will probably run a min req. Giant Dad as well. but also a low level +5 ascended Pyromancy with Blade of fury build around SL16 i think...whatever min. req's for Fury blade demands....Actually, that depends on the match making system using weapon upgrade as parameter or not.

The single time I ran into a Giant Dad on a random invasion I was playing a minimum prereq chaos blade ninja cosplay, SL20 at most perhaps. I did an emote and then seppuku'd off a cliff. Guy pings me "???", I replied, "What chance did I have? The Legend never dies."
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
DS3 Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)
DS:Re Phantom Build Guide Draft

MaskedTheMan

Addicted
First Warden

Nunkuruji wrote:

Given that the recent information strongly leans towards level and weapon parameter matching, I will redirect you to this post of the speculative impact.

t547559/speculative-impact-of-weapon-reinforcement-level-matching/

If your goal is to stomp on new players fresh on their journey, the strongest un-upgraded low-req weapons may be the Gravelord Sword, or Obsidian Greatsword.

The SL99 Giant Dad build puts you towards the end of the game.

If you really want to make people quit, you play a gravity build at Sen's Fortress. In times past, I had a great deal of fun with an SL2 Cleric, Force, Dragon Covenant. FYI, Dragon Torso Shout has 100% guard/poise break. No. Don't kill them with gravity. Just push them off of non-lethal ledges and make them claw their way back, and repeat. The raaaaage from cheat-god-mode togglers was intense. SL2 due to unlimited upward invasion range, which will likely no longer be the case, adjust accordingly :)

Oh, I have plenty of ideas I've been brewing up for the DkS1 meta that are more ingenious than Giant Dad, sure, but this is for the memes. I don't really want to get people to quit; I do, however, want to add to the difficulty and frustrations of new players' first playthrough. A lot.

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,190.00
Wiki Edits: 6
So visually, what's a bigger improvement, DS fix version compared to the original PC
release, or the remaster compared to DS Fix? I worry that, like with Skyrim, the remaster won't look significantly better than the original modded version, but unlike with Skyrim, the PC remaster won't be a free update.

IgnusKnavery

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,323.00
ckmishn wrote:So visually, what's a bigger improvement, DS fix version compared to the original PC
release, or the remaster compared to DS Fix? I worry that, like with Skyrim, the remaster won't look significantly better than the original modded version, but unlike with Skyrim, the PC remaster won't be a free update.

This is my concern as well. Are they improving graphics for the newer console releases? If not, then I'll just play it on my PS3. It'd be a waste of money.
“I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.”
― Hunter S. Thompson