The place to discuss Dark Souls II

Rakuyo

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 60.00
Bank: 47,565.00
Wiki Edits: 10991
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:When I was hovering around level 100, I had reached 30/30, and then tried to go above that. I had a bunch of souls so I put 1 point into each, making it 31/31. But I noticed that these two points gave me no increase in dark damage at all. Is there any point going higher than that? I was trying to build a "pure" hexer, like I did with a pure sorcerer, but maybe this isn't viable? Do people usually stop putting points into faith/int sooner, and then start building for melee weapons?

Whatever you do, you can't get more than a 200 in Dark Attack Bonus.

Being a pure in DS2 is something you'd consider for the first stage of your character, and makes very little sense later on.

That being said, there are still hidden reqs to reach, like Int levels for homing soul mass spells, or stat reqs for the best catalysts.
Shop IconShop Icon

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 21,635.00
Wiki Edits: 13
Rakuyo wrote:
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:When I was hovering around level 100, I had reached 30/30, and then tried to go above that. I had a bunch of souls so I put 1 point into each, making it 31/31. But I noticed that these two points gave me no increase in dark damage at all. Is there any point going higher than that? I was trying to build a "pure" hexer, like I did with a pure sorcerer, but maybe this isn't viable? Do people usually stop putting points into faith/int sooner, and then start building for melee weapons?

Whatever you do, you can't get more than a 200 in Dark Attack Bonus.

Being a pure in DS2 is something you'd consider for the first stage of your character, and makes very little sense later on.

That being said, there are still hidden reqs to reach, like Int levels for homing soul mass spells, or stat reqs for the best catalysts.

I see what you mean. I'd love to have all 5 orbs for Affinity, but it seems like such a waste to dump 20 points into Int and not Faith. I think if I do that, I'll make it an NG+ goal if I roll over.

So......about the Sacred Chime hammer. I wanted to try it, so I took the 20 strength required for two-handing. My question is, do you think it's worth adding the extra 20 points so the weapon can be one handed with a shield, in situations when a little more defense (or a lot more) is needed? Which is a better weapon, this or the Crypt Blacksword?
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

Rakuyo

Caffeinated
Guardian

Well if you can one hand the weapon, that means you can use a catalyst in your other hand.

Apart from the moveset differences, the distinctions between the hammer and the blacksword are subtle.

The blacksword actually offers more Dark damage, and the hammer offers more physical damage.

The hammer offers Strike damage, which means its highly effective against heavily armored enemies.

By contrast, the blacksword is (I think) a little bit more effective against the majority of enemies.
Last edited by Rakuyo on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop IconShop Icon

Rakuyo

Caffeinated
Guardian

Deleted
Shop IconShop Icon

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 21,635.00
Wiki Edits: 13
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll work toward one handing it.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"