Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I got summoned as boss without even having the covenant?
It can randomly happen if you use any of the following within the Ringed City: a White Sign Soapstone, a Red Sign Soapstone, a Cracked Red Eye Orb, or a Red Eye Orb (as stated above).
Or just COMPLETLEY randomly (it's rare though)
Don't know if its a bug, but I've been earning tongues while invading in the ring city even if I have this covenant alignment. I even get forked tongues!
You dont get spear ornaments from inviding as a dark spirit, you get them by being summoned as a boss of the Spear of the church, and succesfuly killing the host.
Imagine, if you will, a covenant so bad that Fromsoft had to force people who aren't in it to go through it's ropes.
A covenant so bad that even if you get in and get all 30 of it's rank items the only rewards you get are items that you can only use while doing the fight that normally you would be finished doing because you got it's use.
A covenant so bad that the only willing participants are parry-spamming meta-tards using a Chaos Dagger to compensate for their lack of Combatic Prowess.

You are now entering the twi-- BEING SUMMONED TO ANOTHER WORLD AS A SPEAR OF THE CHURCH
Git gud
The reward for Spears of the Church is intrinsic. I see nothing wrong with the rewards giving you better stuff to use in the fight. I love crushing scrubs who are unworthy of completing the DLC.
it pulls randoms in cus midir is a badly designed boss that most people ignore. covenant rewards are all based around the covenant's actions, the obscuring ring has no use outside of invasions, which is rosaria's finges' theme, warmth fits the moundmakers' theme etc

if you only join covenants to get rewards, you aren't doing it right.

The spears are supposed to be a covenant that faith-based characters join as after the fire is linked, as defending filianore is a sacred duty. the character would enjoy the rewards, as they allow him/her to continue to do their duty.

the darkwraiths were corrupt monsters who invaded other worlds to pillage humanity to trade for the powers of lifehunt. They were rewarded with lifehunt and the armour and weapons for which they were known.

darkmoon blades were vengeful spirits that punished sinners, and later became the defenders of way of blue adherents. They were rewarded with darkmoon talismans for the blades to use, and darkmoon blade, which tells tales of revenge.. Eventually the talismans were replaced with a ring that allowed those without attunement could use the spell, along with another spell, likely a healing one.

My point is, lore and roleplaying > rewards.
Git Gud U Autistic ***
git gud u gank lord.
I'm still not sure where I'm even supposed to turn the covenant items in.
Nevermind, I saw it on the video now, my bad.
The weapon "Dark Hand " is very good with more poise
The only real ways to lose as a SotC is if the host/phantom kills you with their high ping or you're painfully bad at PvP. I've literally only lost twice out of over 20 times, and even then it was only because the host got a lucky lagstab on me. I'm not even good at PvP or using top tier gear. Just using Master's Set, Ragged Mask, Loincloth, and the Greatsword. I'd imagine someone who is using better gear or more skilled would be pretty much impossible.
I played the DLC for the first time this weekend. I didnt see anything of the DLC, didnt want to spoil myself. However, i had a nasty encounter when i dropped my white soapstone to play with a friend, with password, and i got summoned for the fight. I was AFK for 10 seconds max and had NO idea what was going on. Like wtf is that*****, why am i attacked by a player?? Why is there a boss health bar??

By the time i realized, i couldnt even do anything. I had nothing really good equiped and no spear fragment to use as spell. The fight had a 15 seconds duration max.

And when it was my time to do the boss... Took me 10 times because everyone who got summoned just rushed me and i couldnt do*****. I wish they'd just summom someone totally oblivious like i was. Would have made it fair.

Fun times.
Yea, I just encountered the same problem today.
I think it might have something to do with the covenant one has equipped (whilst I was a sun warrior, I didn‘t get summoned, but after I switched to the Darkmoon I got summoned every time I put my sign down)
get gud
Git Gud
How to win as SotC.... Healing... the increased poise makes it’s near impossible to stop them. Not to mention connection issues screw the entire fight. (I really don’t recommend you heal as it’s an extremely douchey tactic as with anytime you cast heal...)
Seeing as you can't heal any other way it is fine to heal. If anything carry undead Hunter charms and see them run in terror when they realize that they can't heal
Pretty irritating how this covenant can randomly pull you into it if you're being summoned in the ringed city, no matter what level you are. Especially when you're not built to handle pure strength/vit/vig parry spammers that nearly one shot you regardless of the damage reduction.
Git gud scrub
Git Gud
These replies are cancer
I mean, you're basically admitting that in the last and hardest DLC in the game, which requires you to beat, at the minimum, 3 bosses, one of which being Friede, you still haven't learned how to PVP.

mrfirebass

Souls: 50.00
are you still a member of the covenant if you kill the judicator? is it still possible to turn the rewards in?
It's an Argo from another players universe who calls you so yes it will work. Just make sure you are between SL 80 to 130, your weapon upgrade is max. (+10 or +5 for special weapons) and your covenant Spear of the Church symbol in the upper left is blinking/active. If you still feel bad about it, beeing such a ruthless backstabber, you can revive him via Velka or monument and you both are cool again.