* This fight can often leave a lot of magma pools around. Consider getting the Lavasioth Mail which nullifies such damage (similar to what the recommended heat mantle does)
* Flash slingers do not work when it's airborne. You need the slinger ammo that drops around the area. Three hits will bring it down.
* You can't mount.
* I find that long beam attacks are a good point for wet stone sharpening. Also behind a crystal when it's doing the long standing AOE-ish laser sweep (which usually ends in it being stuck for additional timing. Assuming you aren't in the direct path, the forward stomping dash is a good time for health potion recovery.
* There's no sleep mode, so any usage of bombs will best be done while it's downed (away from other players of course) or you can attempt to fish the forward stomp action (though there's a slight chance of failure if it does a beam sweep or targeted long forward beam attack instead.
* You can shield yourself from beams and blasts using small crystals in the area
* There's a tail slam and a tail sweep. The sweep starts with dropping a curved tail. From there it does an arch attack which when completed does blasts around the general area. Hiding underneath or backing far away from the tail can help avoid damage.
* Since the weakness is poison, consider poison throwing knives and poison cloud items. If you go to the upper right area of the forest zone all the mats to make the poison cloud item are there.
* Insect Glaive is fairly well suited for this battle. The body being long and wide means you can keep doing aerials until stamina runs out. That said you should keep camera check and an eye on your stamina so you aren't dropping into a beam attack. It also gives you a second chance to dodge the sweep beam if you get stuck in a bad dodge spot via aerial evade. The long forward beam is generally a good time to re-buff attack since the head is situated in the same place for so long.