Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

How far can it go and still do damage?

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
The showcase photos are very misleading. You see where the Pontiff fight club area is? Okay so when you go upstairs and see the dead Giants? If you stand there where the corpse with the item (the platform above you there's a corpse holding an item) then point your vision to one of the furthest dead Giant and then cast Soul Stream you will not hit it. Also the the damage point of this spell is also bad, if you try head shotting a Deacon from down below you will instead hit the balcony in front of the Deacons.
Is this the best sorcery for PVE? Or too costly?
Useful perhaps in dealing with gank squads like Decons but honestly...no, crystal soul Spear is a way better choice. This sorcery is more flash then bash,

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

The best spells for PVE are Great Soul Arrow, Great Heavy Soul Arrow, Soul Spear for Attunement at 18 and Crystal Soul Spear for Attunement higher than 21. Farron Flashsword, and the Dark Sorceries except in certain circumstances Affinity is bad since the costly 40FP. The worst spells are obviously the ones not listed, especially the Dart spells like Farron and Crystal Hail, these won't do enough damage or stun lock enemies. The best spell to use against a Pontiff Knight is GHSA or Deep or Great Deep Soul or Great Soul Dregs. Regular mobs use GSA or GHSA. For Boss room use GSA, GHSA, any Spear.. or Pestilant Mist. Or Great Deep Soul or Dark Edge for Dark weak bosses like Dancer or Nameless King, well for Nameless King wait when he's floating up in the air and then lands, that's when you fire two Great Deep Souls, or try a Dark Edge... Most cases you'll be needing to hacknslash than using magic if the Attunement isn't at 30...
FROM really overnerfed casting in this one and this spell is a pretty good example of that. The only good thing about this spell (besides the obviously cool effect) is that it seems to have some knockback potential as I (unintentionally) pushed the Sword Master off the cliff with it. The relative damage output (vs FP, stamina and slot cost) is miserable even on opponents that take the full brunt of the attack like bosses that are only getting started. Unless you're feeling bored, stick with Crystal Soul Spear or Great Soul Dregs if you're more geared for that or the foe is weaker to Dark.
KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAA!
I want to like it but I’m have a very hard time. It takes up 2 slots, costs a lot of FB, has a seriously long cast time and really doesn’t deal satisfying damage output. That being said however, it’s still a fun sorcery all around...from a stealthy perspective.

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

Not very useful at all, even when trying to cast it on a mob enemy. Soul Stream will deal piss poor damage on enemy players despite it being a spell that takes up two Attunement slots. You're better off firing boosted spells from the other categories or other spells in the magic section. When firing this at point blank even against enemy players and not friendly enemy players, you will mostly miss the target or you will knock the player to the ground, which is fun, but deals NO Damage. Even if you managed to land this on someone either as a "snipe" or point blank the damage is still bad. I only managed 480 from long range and 680 from what either looked like point blank or partial point blank, most likely there is such a thing as partial point blank damage but if I in fact dealt point blank then this spell isn't worth the two slots and the 55FP, just like Crystal Soul Spear isn't worth 43FP when it can be rolled out of the way, or warped with Twisted Light. This spell will let you spin around for about 2.5 or 1.8 seconds... this is what I feel the channeling time is... Anyways, you can spin around and then hopefully you hit your opponent, like some 360 Snipe Soul Stream gag trick for a spell. I think the only time this spell seems to shine is when free aiming and you run away from the opponent and then cast Soul Stream while they are behind you?... I have done this but missed.... Also this spell is best when used with Obscuring Ring or Hidden Body.

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

Damn, I forgot to add that when you try casting this spell from the top balcony of the Aldritch Faithful Spawn Point, you will not hit targets below a certain line, and also, this spell follows the same path when casting spells over a ledge. The spell with curve downwards instead of firing sharply towards the target... So unfornately you will not hit anyone from the balcony as an Invader or Ally using Soul Stream from that Balcony. So instead, if you spawned in using Obscuring Ring, run to the yard where the Deacons are and fire the Stream from there instead... this is where I landed only 480 on someone's standing at the Giants back. The damage was so low it's just not worth it when sniping. This is at 51 INT, Spellbuff 193 and using both Sorcery rings and crown of Dusk.

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

The highest amount of damage comes from point blank range, which is just sad and very confusing. Clearly the spell is meant as a gimmick and serves that well enough in DkS3.
2nd image looks badass~
the first one too honestly
IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!
Kamehameha!
It is very good when you crystal soul spear to knock them down and then cast soul stream if you surprise them it can destroy them
Encountered a Goku cosplay using this. He kept on using stronger and bigger sorceries as we went along, then this was his final Kamehameha. It was so great.