Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Souls: 1,445.00
Wiki Edits: 44870
Hey Guys/Girls! I hope you are all enjoying the Immortal Unchained Alpha! Please post here what your thoughts on the game are after you've played and let us know what you think :) We'd love to hear it!

Cas

Also, here's a quote from the Alpha FAQ over at steam:

Hey everyone! With the Immortal: Unchained closed alpha going live tomorrow, we wanted to answer some of your biggest questions in the FAQ below.

If you still have a question about the alpha that isn't covered, please let us know in the thread and we'll do our best to answer.

We can't wait to share the alpha with you and hope you enjoy playing! See you tomorrow!

What time does the closed alpha start and end?

The closed alpha will begin at 2pm GMT / 6am PST on Thursday, March 8, and run until 2pm GMT / 7am PDT on Monday, March 12.

How do I gain access to the alpha?

You can sign-up to the alpha on http://www.immortalthegame.com. If you are selected, a Steam key granting access to the alpha will be delivered to the email address you registered during the alpha sign-up process. Keys will start rolling out to those selected from 2pm GMT / 6am PST on Thursday, March 8, once the alpha goes live. You may also be able to grab a key from giveaways running on various sites.

Does registering my details guarantee access to the alpha?

While we’re hoping to provide access to as many people as possible, space is limited and we can’t guarantee access to everyone who registers. We have plans to roll-out additional keys throughout the duration of alpha, though, so keep checking your email inbox to see if you’ve been selected.

What platforms will the alpha be available on?

The alpha will only be available on PC via Steam. It will not be available on console. The final game will release on PS4, Xbox One and PC later in 2018.

What content is included in the alpha?

The alpha includes access to two locations: the Hidden Vaults, which features the game’s opening tutorial, and the frozen ice world Arden, where you’ll get to explore the Scar of the Abyss.

Will there be any character customisation in the alpha?

While there will be extensive character customisation in the final game, you will not be able to customise your character in the alpha.

Will there be any multiplayer functionality in Immortal: Unchained?

Immortal: Unchained is primarily a single-player experience. The final game, however, will include a series of challenges that offer a leaderboard-enabled competitive element. Although these challenges will not be available in the alpha, we plan to share much more information on them in the coming months.

Will my progress from the alpha carry over to the final game?

No. Progress made in the alpha will not carry over to the final game.

Is the alpha playable offline?

Yes. Once the alpha has been downloaded and installed via Steam, it will be fully playable with or without an internet connection.

What are the system requirements for the alpha?

MINIMUM:

OS: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8/8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit*
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9500 @ 2.83GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770 /w 2GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11

Additional Notes: *WARNING: 32-bit OS is NOT officially supported at this time

Please note that the game is still in development and system requirements may change for the final release.

Can I stream or upload gameplay footage from the alpha?

Yes! Once the alpha goes live on March 8, there are no restrictions on streaming or capturing footage. In fact, we encourage players to share their experiences - we can’t wait to watch you play the game!

Why are you running a closed alpha?

We’re taking player feedback seriously, and by giving you access to the game now we’re hoping to use your feedback to help us create an even better experience in time for launch. We’ll be looking at your feedback closely to help us achieve that goal.

Where can I leave my feedback on the alpha?

Once the alpha goes live, we’ll post an Alpha Feedback thread where you can share all your thoughts and feedback. Alternatively, you can send us a message on Twitter or Facebook.
Check out our Sekiro Wiki and the awesome Bosses
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon

quickstraw

Souls: 70.00
Just finished the alpha. I liked it so far.

- it translates dark souls gameplay into a third person shooter pretty well
-gamepad controls are responsive
-the level design incorporates shortcuts to your checkpoints.
- no wierdness regarding stats. Every attribute is straightforward
-no gamebreaking bugs for me
-enemies are punishing when they hit

Dislikes:
- the artdesign is kinda monochrome. Everything is black in grey and no impressive skyboxes. It makes the areas look kinda boring. It makes it also confusing to navigate. When I reached the last checkpoint I was stuck because i didn't see a tunnel right next to said checkpoint, causing me to backtrack unnecessarily
- not much variety in the enemy department
-you can only equip weapons at checkpoints(I guess because of ammo)
-bossess were kinda lame, and too easy to exploit
-melee is kinda akward and almost useless since you have guns

Too bad it's so short, it means there is not much to try out or experiment with build-wise. The worst part is that it just cuts out after the boss teasing you with new pickups you can't even try out. Also too many of the weapons you get have pretty high stat requirements. I guess it's my fault for leveling weapon damage in the beginning since it's kinda pointless in the alpha.
I'm hopeful for this game to be good once it's finished it does look promising so far.

MisterCopper72

Souls: 55.00
Alright, so I playtested this game for about an hour, and I have a few things I have issues with:

* Character movement felt sluggish. Every time I ran around, I felt like the character had a backpack full of weight slung on his back and had two metal weights grafted to his legs.
* Dodging felt a little awkward. My first attempt at fighting the halberd-and-shield-wielding zombie resulted in me getting killed and respawning at the last obelisk because I tried to dodge its attacks, but the moment I pressed the B button on my Xbox 360 controller, I started to dodge, but I got hit by the zombie's halberd. My next attempt went a little better, if mostly because I kept my distance, but dodging still felt awkward.
* Camera sensitivity felt slow. Turning the right analog stick to look around took a while to do, and it nearly put me at a disadvantage whenever I was fighting enemies because of having to avoid getting shot to death by riflemen. I skimmed the options to look for one that'll let me adjust the sensitivity, but so far I haven't found one.
* Melee combat felt underwhelming. Whenever I got close to an enemy to finish them off (after pumping it full of lead), it took me about a couple swings to finally off them. And speaking of swings, each melee attack takes a chunk of stamina and doesn't do a lot of damage.
* While the concept of locking onto an enemy's limbs is nice (it reminds me a bit of Fallout), in execution it felt a little clunky. I shot a rifleman in the legs several times, and after I staggered it, I tried to aim for its head, and it felt like I had to yank and shove the right analog stick around to do so.
* The first boss, while initially difficult, got repetitive after about a minute. It performs all of its attacks in a pattern - charge, shoot a couple bursts, shoot in a sweeping pattern, then reload. Rinse, lather, repeat.

These are all I have for the moment. The next time I play it, I'll be sure to edit the post and include other things that I think will need improvement.
Ok I see so many flaws in this game, I know its an alpha so I won't give it too much ****. I would like to start by saying its a really cool concept they're trying to pull off. A spacey kind of alien vybe can be felt while playing through it the first time. Now here's where I really start, first of all the interface for equipping weapons is really confusing and jumbled up. It took me quite a while to figure out how to equip my weapons. Secondly, the camera control is sluggish, you can feel there's some sort of initial lag when trying to move the camera. Lastly, and here's my biggest issue, apparently rolling in this game doesn't give you eye frames/invinsibility frames. When I went up against the knight looking dude I thought I could roll through his attacks but he proved me wrong. Even when trying to roll away from his attacks you still get hit.

Nomu

Souls: 56.00
I played for about 2 hours and beat it twice.

Pros:
+ The gun play felt nice. Better than a lot of games that were released in the last year.
+ The concept is cool, I like the space theme alien thing going on.
+ The dodge felt alright. I see many complaining about it but overall it doesn't bother me.
+ Felt like I was playing Darksouls with Guns.. Which is a good thing considering I feel like this game was going for that.

Cons:
-- I found one major bug. It may of just been for my system but after I changed my sound settings and such and pressed apply it crashed my whole game.
-- The melee felt ungodly bad and underwhelming. There is really no sense to have melee in this game where we have guns. Why get close when you can just kill everything faster and easier with guns. The challenge I guess?
-- Found I found out you can just toggle the targeting (which should be default) the bosses where so easy to evade and kill. Just ended up being a bullet sponge.
- Targeting system could be more fluid. Pressing T takes to long to go to a body part and using the mouse it feels.. sluggish I guess is the best way to put it.