Anything without a home!

Walaboo_

Souls: 68.00
So MHW is my first Monster Hunter game in the series, & I just got to the optional quest: Gone in a Flash, where you have to hunt a regular Kirin. I've attempted this quest a few times so far, & I haaaaate it, I hate the Kirin species as a whole. Yes I know there's a Tempered Kirin which makes this thing look like My Little Pony. But so far regular Kirin has just been a ****. Let's start with why I hate it, the attacks. So Kirin has attacks where he shoots lightning bolts down from the sky, he does these in certain directions & all around his body, even a thunder AOE which takes a while to charge, fair enough. The problem is that he also does an attack where he scatters dozens of lightning bolts all across the ground in a radius that's way larger than it should be. Think of it as a giant Zeus minefield, the other problem is that this attack goes on for multiple seconds, meaning that after he lays down the first batch, he'll lay down another, & another. So even if I dodge the first batch, another lightning bolt will spawn right under my feet, giving me barely any time to notice it, & then get hit, & thunderblighted. My second qualm with this **** is that it has this enraged state where all attacks will bounce off of his body unless the head is struck. I don't get what the point of this state is, the thing is already hard enough of to hit as it clippity-clops from one side to the other, why do I have to be even more precise? Also it's immune to traps & status afflictions cause **** it why not? That's my rant on Kirin, if you like him, that's fine, but I just don't.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 301,065.49
Bank: 8,033.71
Wiki Edits: 23160
It's a tough enemy, and the reason a lot of people approach this fight with bows instead. I suggest doing it in multiplayer, it's much less frustrating that way!
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 5,947.50
Kirin is not a very fun fight but I found it much easier if I went for the food buff with L on elemental resistance.

I do admit that the mounting attack is pretty satisfying. I pull those off pretty easy with my Insect Blade. With Dual Swords he is a pain because it’s not always easy to get a long combo going.

But yeah. Nice aesthetics. Annoying to solo.

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 5,206.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Taking the Thunderproof Mantle as one of your hunter tools is also a great way to ease the fight. The only attack of Kirin's that can actually damage you while wearing it is its charge-rush attack.
A system error occurred during event movement.
A system error occurred during event movement...

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 5,947.50
Reaperfan wrote:Taking the Thunderproof Mantle as one of your hunter tools is also a great way to ease the fight. The only attack of Kirin's that can actually damage you while wearing it is its charge-rush attack.

Oh yeah, that too.
Iirc that first quest for Kirin is what rewards the Thunder Mantle.