Discuss Bloodborne news, observations, wishes and experiences.

Wvubeerman

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 776.00
Am I missing something. I just finished the first one. Should I remove the chalice and go to the second one? Is there a guide on telling me the exact order I need to do these in?

Sebastrd

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 180.00
Generally, each chalice dungeon will have a boss that drops the chalice for the next dungeon.The only exceptions are the Ailing Loran chalice you get from Amy and the Isz chalice you get from Ebrietas. Eventually, you'll use the root chalices to farm blood gems, if you so choose.

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 20,041.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2142
My advice is this.....
Put a Chalice on the Altar, complete that Chalice to get another one, remove the Chalice you have completed and put it away in the Item Storage....
If you do so you'll never do a Chalice twice by mistake.....
Anyway, usually the order is this:

1) Chalice
2) Root Chalice
3) Central Chalice
4) Central Root Chalice
5) Lower Chalice
6) Lower Root Chalice

In the game you'll find four types of Chalices:

Phtumeru
Hintertomb
Ailing Loran
Isz

Each chalice is diveved in Normal, Central and Lower
If you want to complete every single Chalice in every way you'll have to stay many hours inside the Chalices.....but the rewards are awesome, in terms of items, weapons, armors and experience

Wvubeerman

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 776.00
Normal, central and lower, is this something I have to choose? I have done 4 of these chalice boards to completion where I have to finally go back to hunters hole. But it sounds like you are saying that I can somehow alter them?

penniwise

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 582.00
Wvubeerman wrote:Normal, central and lower, is this something I have to choose? I have done 4 of these chalice boards to completion where I have to finally go back to hunters hole. But it sounds like you are saying that I can somehow alter them?

To gain access to 'normal', 'central' and 'lower' you need to get the chalice that corresponds for that dungeon and do the ritual.

meaning, once you create the Pthumeru Chalice dungeon, you can explore that and kill the boss and get the Pthumeru Root Chalice. once you have the Pthumeru Root Chalice you can create that dungeon (at a new headstone or remove the first chalice at the headstone and make it there).

Here is a breakdown of the chalice dungeons and what boss needs to be defeated in order to obtain each chalice:

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Chalice+Dungeon

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 20,041.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2142
In simple words....each chalice you get becomes stronger than the previuos one....
Phtumeru is the base Chalice dungeon.....Root Phtumeru is a little more difficult than Phtumeru.....Central Phtumeru is more difficult than Root Phtumeru etc etc....
Each chalice has a certain depth...it goes from depth 1 to depht 5....depth 5 means the Chalice is really hard and you have to face it at high levels with high level Weapons
Phtumeru and Hintertomb can reach a maximum depth of 3, which means you can easily complete this Chalices with a low level character and medium level weapons (for example a character with a Blood Level of 65-70 with a level 6 Weapon); Defiled Chalice, Ihyll Chalice, Ailing Loran Chalice and Isz Chalice can reach the Depth 4 and 5, and you need to be at high Blood Level in order to survive inside these Chalices....
The more the Chalice is hard the better rewards you get in terms of Experience, Weapons and Ritual Materials (you can even farm Blood Chunks and Blood Rocks inside certain Chalices)