you forget to mention the concept of poise damage and stamina consumption of the attack factored in the attack rating of the weapon especially affected by the opponets armour, stability and poise your evidence is:
1) weapons weight and stamina consumed in attacks affect damage try experimenting with a fully upgraded light club or rapier you will still do neglible damage & poise damage to heavy stable and armored opponents like havel or the drakes in the drake valley when i kill them using bandit knife they absorb 7 hits to stunlobk and they died mainly of bleed effect.
2) in comparison black knight weapons stunlock them in 1 or 2 hits depending on stamina consumption as the item description says they require the wearer to put his entire weight into the attack also their unique beautiful strong attacks consume like 100 stamina unit but deals 405 against artorias grave defenders in darkroot garden higher than the weapon attack rating which is unique and this what made the bk able to smack down demons.so (bk weapons consume stamina for 3 attacks in 1 attack) game plot.
to come close to this damage outout in early game u will have 2 use da stone great sword with red tearstone ring. more dangerous but more rewarding playstyle.
3) in ds2 if u initiate an attack with nearly depleted stamina the damage output decreases software introduced this modification of game mechenics in subsequnt series.
4) your strong attack(2) with same weapon and attack rating consume more stamina and deal more damage when compared to a light attack (r1).
5) in ds1 your black knight halbard requires higher strengh to dexterity to wield efficently 32/18 and scales for D/E EVEN THOUGH HALBARDS ARE DEXTERITY WEAPONS.
this happened also for da stone twinblade in ds2 scales for strength although this is a dexterity class weapons.
6) in ds3 software updated the it to black knight glave to have the same strength>dexterity weapon requirments but completely changed the weapon scaling to D for strengh and C for dexterity for regular +4 & +5 upgrades which made da weapon even harder to use.
please upgrade both weapon pages to help new players.