Discuss the PS4 & PC Release, Salt and Sanctuary!

Kodama-sama

Souls: 147.00
Hey guys, i play this game with my y brother @ my place every evening.
He made a light armor greatsword user, i made a light armor sword and shield user.
Found out quite recently that i dont use str stat (sigh) so been busy removing all the str nodes.

Now i wanted to be using one of the spellswords, either the arcane so called 'slide' sword shikeymaru or the branding iron. Fire suits my character better but i was wondering if the branding iron had a special moveset like the shikeimaru.. on the wiki it reads it has **** dex scaling (E) and the shikeimaru atleast has one tier better than that (D)..
If the branding iron also lacks a special moveset (as in different than the tachi im using now) then perhaps i should get the shikeimaru afterall.
I have no interest in the Leviathan btw, dont like how it looks and it doesnt fit my char im a bit specific about.

To me it looks like shikeimaru is vastly superior on almost everything, what do you guys think? Power over aesthetics? (wiki itself thinks otherwise apparently, rating shikeimaru as the slower sword compared to branding iron.. uh oh.. now im double doubting the matter)

Thanks!.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 387,359.49
Bank: 9,419.71
Wiki Edits: 33128
I have found that the "feel" of the weapons is more important than their scaling. I personally didn't really work on optimizing for scaling as much as finding something I was comfortable with in terms of reach and speed.

The data on the wiki is correct (insofar as the game hasn't been patched), but the notes are just player opinions so don't let those override your gut feeling about your approach :)
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Kodama-sama

Souls: 147.00
Well id rather not sacrifice the awesome speed of the tachi with something much slower, if the branding iron retains that speed but the shikeimaru becomes more of a gsword in terms of swinging.. i dunno.. i think the branding iron is the better pick for me then. But if you guys have different info.. hm.. maybe im gonna check yt for shikeimaru moveset first.. if there are vids of it to begin with.

Edit: i found this video showcasing both, ah.. hmm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJE1hAq3IY

greets.