Discuss Team Ninja's action rpg Nioh
Wiki: Visit the Nioh Wiki
Visit the Nioh 2 Wiki

Sasflexx

Souls: 60.00
you dont even have enough energry or "ki" or whatever its called to attack and dodge. you get about 2 hits then your energy is at 0.

how the hell is this playable? i must be missing something. i really wanted to like this game but i just dont get it. also its impossible to know where to go, im lost in this game.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,650.50
You must not be doing your Ki Pulse properly. IIRC you press R1a little after using Ki to recover a significant portion of what you lost. Watch your Ki meter and see the part that remains white until it drains, and watch around your character for a blue particle effect.

You can recover almost all your Ki used after a combo this way.

BloodOfMyEnemy

Souls: 60.00
Hit only when it's time and use the Ki pulse after each combo - that's pretty much it.
Good luck.

Lion_Ornstein

Souls: 55.00
Sasflexx wrote:you dont even have enough energry or "ki" or whatever its called to attack and dodge. you get about 2 hits then your energy is at 0.

how the hell is this playable? i must be missing something. i really wanted to like this game but i just dont get it. also its impossible to know where to go, im lost in this game.

If you’re running out of Ki in two hits you’re doing something wrong, what weight of armor are you wearing? Heavy, Medium, or Light? And what weapon are you using? If your armor is in the red zone then you’ll be getting 1 hit in and be out of Ki, Yellow is 2-3 then you’ll be out of stamina, green you’ll get a decent number in before running out, and blue you’ll barely run out.

Also are you Ki-pulsing at the right time? (If you don’t know what that is)

Ki Pulse is sort of like the Gears of War perfect reload, where when you reload on just the right time you get extra damage from your bullets. Same concept for this game, when the white bar fully takes over the red bar in your Ki meter hit the R1 button. That way you’ll do a perfect Ki pulse, get increased damage for a little bit, and not run out of stamina so fast.

Another thing, if you actually switch stances after doing a perfect Ki pulse you’ll actually get even more stamina back!

RAvEcREAToR23

Souls: 85.00
Hey simple thing! True ninjas not block. So you can block first hit then roll away and hit combo when time right... I usually not block but avoid hits and then hit them back ... When big yokai monsters then use high stance to hit they head to damage horns then they fall allowing you free hit them. And in upgrade menu upgrade only what you need not waste points...