Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 13,035.50
TSMP wrote:Yeech. I wasn't even talking about the running Firestorm glitch, just casting it normally is still enough to wipe bosses with one use. But if you're going to go there, then yes it's insane.

The thing about DeS though is that every build could be OP in some way or another. Magic wasn't alone in having that level of power, it's just that they're the build who could do it in one hit instead of three. But, if they missed that initial shot, they'd need to back off and use a consumable to refill their magic before trying again, and also they had a pretty big weakness to magic damage. It was also possible for a player to stack magic or fire resistance high enough that they could hyperarmor through any spell in the game and squash you like a bug, so there's that too.

yeah in demons souls the developers weren't afraid of giving power to the player but with each installment of the series it seems the players gets weaker and weaker

rings in dark souls are much stronger than the +3 version in ds3 i just hope they remain unbalanced an fun in the remaster

to me the whole fun of playing an rpg is that you can get stronger, if in the end you are relatively weaker than when you began then there is no fun in the game which is also the reason i hate ng+

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,215.00
This is a skill game moreso than a classic rpg, which are tactical games. That means your strength is your skill.
I'm a lot stronger than when I started. I've done ng4 and I will get to ng7. If you don't wanna, you can always go to high wall ng and oneshot knights, that option is there for you if you want it. But I rather not the whole game was like that, for my enjoyment.

"Unbalanced" means something else is much weaker or stronger. If one ring is much stronger than everything else that means the other rings are worthless. That's not what I want. And I don't want the rings to be so strong as to have me rely on them and unable to play without them. Rings are just accessories, they're not weapons, spells, or tools. They're meant to be a bonus. I don't want DS1 chloranthy ring that gives 50% stamina regeneration. I much rather take 27.5% (think that's right) from chloranthy 3 in DS3 and get two more ring slots. Rings are less powerful but in return I can have twice as many and more of them have use. That's better balance, and that's what I like.

I don't think you will be happy with the DS1 remastering. We'll see though. DS1 was cool, sure, but not as good as DS3. The world though, that was better...
No developer is going to want to recreate glitches and mistakes. You can forget about it. I bet you my stack of souls they won't bring back your giant dad like it was, because it means everything else is less from it. And those backstabs and parries is also not coming back. I would be EXTREMELY (I admit slight hyperbole here) surprised if that happened.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,191.50
I believe I've read that the mechanics of DkS1 will not be altered in the remaster.

Take that as you will. Likely it will remain the same game with the patches, but prettier.

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

We'll see... I don't expect large changes either, but neither do I expect bad things to remain.
Whats your source though, that would be interesting to read,

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Polyedra wrote:We'll see... I don't expect large changes either, but neither do I expect bad things to remain.

His source is Fex, who has all but directly said they won't be changing the mechanics, and even went so far as to change the wording in the original article because it was making people think so.

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

TSMP wrote:
Polyedra wrote:We'll see... I don't expect large changes either, but neither do I expect bad things to remain.

His source is Fex, who has all but directly said they won't be changing the mechanics, and even went so far as to change the wording in the original article because it was making people think so.

So what about the increase in numbers of people possible in a world? That's a change of mechanics. Nevermind. I'll believe it when I see it. Just a couple of months away for the release.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 304,131.49
Bank: 8,113.71
Wiki Edits: 23614
Here's where we are at: The announcement information released to press outlets, including us and Sony, and seemingly even Namco's own staff, has been "recalled". Therefore, right now everything that everyone thinks they know is somewhat suspect. I don't know why suddenly there's no new textures or HDR, but perhaps development ran into issues for the 60FPS.

Regarding my article, I didn't mean to imply there would be a change to combat mechanics such as poise - but people read references to dks3 graphics "engine" (process rendering for 3d objects) and went straight to "omg dks3 plunge attacks" so I changed my wording. That said: I do know that I specifically submitted combat exploits to be fixed, and that WILL alter combat if From followed through.

Right now, I'm not sure what to make of the information pulls, so I've sent a formal request to Namco and awaiting replies. Usually, what ends up happening is the replies to my questions appear as statements from Namco on their site - so we'll see if they send them to us or just post them online.
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

NoctisAllight

Casual
Convict

Souls: 302.00
I see so my guess is Sony and Namco heard everyone saying it was going to be DkS1 with DkS3 poise mechanics and their reply will be "The Legend never dies".