Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 253.00
Bank: 5,740.00
Wiki Edits: 5
i'm telling you man the game you want is dragons dogma.

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 13,070.50
qeter wrote:i'm telling you man the game you want is dragons dogma.

so how exactly did you reach that conclusion?

Rangrok

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,738.00
lordnoah wrote:so the original dark souls is the opposite of what you like in dark souls, that is fine that is why we have ds3 and bloodborne but please respect that not everyone wants to play exclusively as a dex build

Only if you respect the fact that some people don't want traditional poise or meta-dominating hexers.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

lordnoah wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

qeter wrote:
lordnoah wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

great visual effects but lets take a look at it on pratice

https://youtu.be/hSAEfocnU_s?t=82

yeah not very good

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,412.50
Gotta have magic that one shots everything, no matter if it's a boss or random level 1 Mook.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Lich180 wrote:Gotta have magic that one shots everything, no matter if it's a boss or random level 1 Mook.

That would be Demon's Souls. 50mag Insanity mages could one shot everything, period, bar none, thanks to Firestorm and stacking magical sharpness effects. Granted, a pretty major part of that is the Old Monk's Collar, which will become unobtainable when the servers are disconnected...

And then there's the ol' "Pushed ToB" builds, which were on a whole other level of power beyond even that, but they had to make actual sacrifices for it. Kinda hard to get 50mag+50fth at SL120 without giving up something or other. Still, there's something to be said for starting at "can one shot everything" and thinking "I bet I could do better". Then again, we're already talking about "one shots everything" as something that doesn't require sacrifices.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

battles in dragons dogma are meant to take a long time. that fight in particular is suppose to take a level appropriate character around 20 minutes. malestorm in particular excels against light to medium foes, it throws them up 100 feat in the air and kills by gravity.

as a whole the game is very element focused you could probably kill them in 10-20 seconds if you used fulmination (electricity spell). you can two shot the titular dragon with malestorm because he is weak to dark and so on.

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

TSMP wrote:
Lich180 wrote:Gotta have magic that one shots everything, no matter if it's a boss or random level 1 Mook.

That would be Demon's Souls. 50mag Insanity mages could one shot everything, period, bar none, thanks to Firestorm and stacking magical sharpness effects. Granted, a pretty major part of that is the Old Monk's Collar, which will become unobtainable when the servers are disconnected...

And then there's the ol' "Pushed ToB" builds, which were on a whole other level of power beyond even that, but they had to make actual sacrifices for it. Kinda hard to get 50mag+50fth at SL120 without giving up something or other. Still, there's something to be said for starting at "can one shot everything" and thinking "I bet I could do better". Then again, we're already talking about "one shots everything" as something that doesn't require sacrifices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjhRRr7jn-I

this makes me wish i had played demon souls albeit glitched it had good magic

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
lordnoah wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjhRRr7jn-I

this makes me wish i had played demon souls albeit glitched it had good magic

Yeech. I wasn't even talking about the running Firestorm glitch, just casting it normally is still enough to wipe bosses with one use. But if you're going to go there, then yes it's insane.

The thing about DeS though is that every build could be OP in some way or another. Magic wasn't alone in having that level of power, it's just that they're the build who could do it in one hit instead of three. But, if they missed that initial shot, they'd need to back off and use a consumable to refill their magic before trying again, and also they had a pretty big weakness to magic damage. It was also possible for a player to stack magic or fire resistance high enough that they could hyperarmor through any spell in the game and squash you like a bug, so there's that too.