Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!
 3 
Reply  
Avatar

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:44 pm
Souls: 253.00
Bank: 5,740.00
Posts: 1221
Reputation: 30
Wiki Edits: 5
#21
i'm telling you man the game you want is dragons dogma.
Avatar

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 pm
Souls: 13,070.50
Posts: 1734
Reputation: 29
#22
qeter wrote:i'm telling you man the game you want is dragons dogma.


so how exactly did you reach that conclusion?

Rangrok

Obsessed
Commander

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:00 pm
Souls: 2,738.00
Posts: 400
Reputation: 55
#23
lordnoah wrote:so the original dark souls is the opposite of what you like in dark souls, that is fine that is why we have ds3 and bloodborne but please respect that not everyone wants to play exclusively as a dex build

Only if you respect the fact that some people don't want traditional poise or meta-dominating hexers.
Avatar

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:44 pm
Souls: 253.00
Bank: 5,740.00
Posts: 1221
Reputation: 30
Wiki Edits: 5
#24
lordnoah wrote:
qeter wrote:i'm telling you man the game you want is dragons dogma.


so how exactly did you reach that conclusion?

Watch on youtube.com
Avatar

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 pm
Souls: 13,070.50
Posts: 1734
Reputation: 29
#25
qeter wrote:
lordnoah wrote:
qeter wrote:i'm telling you man the game you want is dragons dogma.


so how exactly did you reach that conclusion?

Watch on youtube.com


great visual effects but lets take a look at it on pratice

https://youtu.be/hSAEfocnU_s?t=82

yeah not very good
Avatar

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:00 pm
Location: USA, the Mitten
Souls: 11,412.50
Posts: 2270
Reputation: 50
#26
Gotta have magic that one shots everything, no matter if it's a boss or random level 1 Mook.
Avatar

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am
Souls: 45,569.50
Posts: 6980
Reputation: 702
Wiki Edits: 565
#27
Lich180 wrote:Gotta have magic that one shots everything, no matter if it's a boss or random level 1 Mook.

That would be Demon's Souls. 50mag Insanity mages could one shot everything, period, bar none, thanks to Firestorm and stacking magical sharpness effects. Granted, a pretty major part of that is the Old Monk's Collar, which will become unobtainable when the servers are disconnected...

And then there's the ol' "Pushed ToB" builds, which were on a whole other level of power beyond even that, but they had to make actual sacrifices for it. Kinda hard to get 50mag+50fth at SL120 without giving up something or other. Still, there's something to be said for starting at "can one shot everything" and thinking "I bet I could do better". Then again, we're already talking about "one shots everything" as something that doesn't require sacrifices.
Avatar

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:44 pm
Souls: 253.00
Bank: 5,740.00
Posts: 1221
Reputation: 30
Wiki Edits: 5
#28
battles in dragons dogma are meant to take a long time. that fight in particular is suppose to take a level appropriate character around 20 minutes. malestorm in particular excels against light to medium foes, it throws them up 100 feat in the air and kills by gravity.

as a whole the game is very element focused you could probably kill them in 10-20 seconds if you used fulmination (electricity spell). you can two shot the titular dragon with malestorm because he is weak to dark and so on.
Avatar

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 pm
Souls: 13,070.50
Posts: 1734
Reputation: 29
#29
TSMP wrote:
Lich180 wrote:Gotta have magic that one shots everything, no matter if it's a boss or random level 1 Mook.

That would be Demon's Souls. 50mag Insanity mages could one shot everything, period, bar none, thanks to Firestorm and stacking magical sharpness effects. Granted, a pretty major part of that is the Old Monk's Collar, which will become unobtainable when the servers are disconnected...

And then there's the ol' "Pushed ToB" builds, which were on a whole other level of power beyond even that, but they had to make actual sacrifices for it. Kinda hard to get 50mag+50fth at SL120 without giving up something or other. Still, there's something to be said for starting at "can one shot everything" and thinking "I bet I could do better". Then again, we're already talking about "one shots everything" as something that doesn't require sacrifices.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjhRRr7jn-I

this makes me wish i had played demon souls albeit glitched it had good magic
Avatar

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am
Souls: 45,569.50
Posts: 6980
Reputation: 702
Wiki Edits: 565
#30
lordnoah wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjhRRr7jn-I

this makes me wish i had played demon souls albeit glitched it had good magic

Yeech. I wasn't even talking about the running Firestorm glitch, just casting it normally is still enough to wipe bosses with one use. But if you're going to go there, then yes it's insane.

The thing about DeS though is that every build could be OP in some way or another. Magic wasn't alone in having that level of power, it's just that they're the build who could do it in one hit instead of three. But, if they missed that initial shot, they'd need to back off and use a consumable to refill their magic before trying again, and also they had a pretty big weakness to magic damage. It was also possible for a player to stack magic or fire resistance high enough that they could hyperarmor through any spell in the game and squash you like a bug, so there's that too.
 3