Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

i had this ring but it dissapeared :S
Almost required if you invade, in my opinion, due to gank squads. At least if you're a caster.
Also used by Leonhard when you invade into his world
And if you aggro him in Firelink
Current range is if you are at the Grand Archives bonfire you wouldn't see someone at the base of the staircase straight ahead. If they step OFF the staircase onto the floor, they become visible just then.

Not tested on my side, but told that Vordt's GH's particle effect DOES disappear w/this ring. However, it seems to lag 1-2 seconds, like the particles already in the air have to dissipate as they normally would.
After having earned the Obscuring Ring once in NG, I attempted to earn a second copy in NG+; however, upon delivering to Rosaria the required 10 Pale Tongues, I did NOT receive a second Obscuring Ring. Is it impossible to earn more than one Obscuring Ring per character? I mean, legitimately--not through trade with other players. Thanks!
Covenant offerings don't reset on NG cycles, so no.

Chris310

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
covenant status is kept upon starting NG+, so you're now at 20/30 tongues for the man grub staff.
If you are a Blade of the Darkmoon or a Blue Sentinel; GET THIS. Grind it from the Darkwraiths at Abyss Watchers bonfire, or invade for it, but get this ring.

Invaders (like the Dipsticks they are) never see you coming when you've got their srubby tricks up your sleeve ;)
Not sure it makes anyone a dipstick if they can't see someone when they are invisible. That's sort of the entire point.
Spot the ganker
I trolled 4 aldrich faithfuls today in anor londo with obscuring ring + slumbering dragon crest ring for well over 30 minutes. They could not find me at all and I just kept firing my bow at them chipping away their health + seed of giants. Basically they gave up and went home.
Now you see me. Now you don't.
This ring actually works against invader NPCs, if you mix it with Hidden Body.
Gankers will never see me coming... hehehe