Arrange jolly co-operation, item trades and request overall game help

CryBloodwing

Souls: 169.00
So I am having trouble finding a build that works well for me. Right now, I use the Dancer swords just because they look cool, but also are the best one handed/dual wield swords I have. Not sure what weapon to use...

I like swords that can attack fast and a lot, however the dancer swords don't seem to do much damage. I prefer dodging over using a shield so I often dual wield.

These are my stats.
HP: 1372
FP 103
Stamina: 114
Equip Load: 52.0
Poise: 2.58

Level: 90
Vigor: 30
Attunement: 12
Endurance: 21
Vitality: 12
Strength: 32
Dexterity: 43
Intelligence: 14
Faith: 9
Luck: 9

Attack with Dancer Blades+5: 619

Any tips on how to do more damage?

And please actually give help instead of pointless comments. Thanks.
Last edited by CryBloodwing on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CryBloodwing

Karlriche wrote:Get a better weapon to start.

Well no ****...Maybe you could advise on which weapon to use instead of giving a pointless response? I have many weapons and I am pretty sure I asked about weapon suggestions.

sender77

Souls: 55.00
Well you see, the enormous problem with the dancer blades is that they have three-split damage, which is just terrible since damage reduction applies to all three and stacks up, massively reducing damage, so a weapon like the crow quills (if you have dlc) would be good, since they are really fast, easy and fun to use, and if you don't have the dlc you can always use the twin sellsword swords or maybe the ubadachi and onikiri, of course you will need to upgrade to +10 all of these weapons and maybe infuse them with the sharp infusion to really notice the difference.

CryBloodwing

sender77 wrote:Well you see, the enormous problem with the dancer blades is that they have three-split damage, which is just terrible since damage reduction applies to all three and stacks up, massively reducing damage, so a weapon like the crow quills (if you have dlc) would be good, since they are really fast, easy and fun to use, and if you don't have the dlc you can always use the twin sellsword swords or maybe the ubadachi and onikiri, of course you will need to upgrade to +10 all of these weapons and maybe infuse them with the sharp infusion to really notice the difference.

Which DLC is the Crow Quills from? I do have the Twin Sellswords at +3 right now, and they only do about 300 damage. Should I just get those as high as I can for now? I am almost to NG+ and I want to level up some weapons before I enter it.

Karlriche

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,692.00
Just because you want to dual wield, does not mean you have to only use one weapon that takes both hands. you can use two different weapons in both hands.
that being said, your build looks like its going quality so reroll stats and go 40/40 str/dex

edit:

These all get good scaling for quality
Refined Astora Greatsword+10
Refined Carthus Curved Greatsword+10
Refined Dagger+10
Refined Dark Sword+10
Refined Drang Hammers+10
Refined Exile Greatsword+10
Refined Gotthard Twinswords+10
Refined Great Corvian Scythe+10
Refined Hand Axe+10
Refined Harpe+10
Refined Long Sword+10
Refined Lothric Knight Sword+10
Refined Mace+10
Refined Murakumo+10
Refined Painting Guardian's Curved Sword+10
Refined Rotten Ghru Dagger+10
Refined Scimitar+10
Refined Shortsword+10
Refined Thrall Axe+10
Refined Warpick+10
Refined Winged Spear+10
Refined Zweihander+10
Sunlight Straight Sword+5
Psn: Karlriche

Dark Souls 3 Shop: http://fextralife.com/forums/t540575/pl ... nkie-shop/

( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ☀ Praise the sun!

CryBloodwing

Karlriche wrote:Just because you want to dual wield, does not mean you have to only use one weapon that takes both hands. you can use two different weapons in both hands.
that being said, your build looks like its going quality so reroll stats and go 40/40 str/dex

edit:

These all get good scaling for quality
Refined Astora Greatsword+10
Refined Carthus Curved Greatsword+10
Refined Dagger+10
Refined Dark Sword+10
Refined Drang Hammers+10
Refined Exile Greatsword+10
Refined Gotthard Twinswords+10
Refined Great Corvian Scythe+10
Refined Hand Axe+10
Refined Harpe+10
Refined Long Sword+10
Refined Lothric Knight Sword+10
Refined Mace+10
Refined Murakumo+10
Refined Painting Guardian's Curved Sword+10
Refined Rotten Ghru Dagger+10
Refined Scimitar+10
Refined Shortsword+10
Refined Thrall Axe+10
Refined Warpick+10
Refined Winged Spear+10
Refined Zweihander+10
Sunlight Straight Sword+5

Do I have to reroll? I think by the time I reach NG+, I should be able to get STR to 40...I also have a lot of souls I can still use. Of the ones you listed, what weapons have a medium to long distance, and pretty fast attack speed? I do have all of those weapons except Murakumo, Warpick, Harpe, and the Great Scythe. Is it still possible to go back and get those? I know Murakumo is from an NPC invader.

Psiberzerker

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,851.00
Here's the thing about Dual Wielding without Paired Weapons: You get more Variety with Quality, but you get more Damage with Pure Dex. Not only don't you split your scaling between 2 stats (So you can have 40+) you also get an S, and can't take advantage of the 2H bonus you get from Strength. Your build, and not arguing with CryBloodwing on Quality. Just giving you another option:

What I use is Whips. Now, hear me out, the Damage is not there, and I'll tell you that right out the gate. What it does bring to the build is Reach, and Stun. So, you can get in a Poke before it recovers, but crucially you go through the game basically cheezing everything except certain Bosses (I'll get to that) without ever getting hit. Once you learn the spacing, and timing, but what you have in the other hand depends on what you're facing, and what they're susceptible to.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/863982936802173982/A25FDFD79BA3792AED26D94BCA707E8BAECB3F76/

For this, you want to Roll-Lash. Useful on the Exiles, Evangelists, and in this case Longfinger Kirk. (On the Greatclub Exile, and Evangelist, you want your Timing on point, because they have Hyper Armor. Fortunately, they attack at Greathammer speed, and the Preacher/witches telegraph before hand.) True combo, just poke, and roll out when they get stunned, Lash out of it (Rolling attack is the fastest windup in the Whip's moveset) rinse/repeat... While you don't Need the Leo Ring for this, it doesn't hurt (You) to win Counter-trades on shear damage, just know what hits you can take, and which mobs you can take out in 1 hit. (Most of the workers, Thralls, that kind of trash mob.)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/863982936802175063/F9BD2D77783361BD15B9D95FFB1633159BF67B78/

What the Caestus gives you is a Pimp Slap when they get too close, but also Blunt on Blunt. This is handy for Skeletons (Especially if you Bless one or the other.) so they don't get back up. Also, a parry, so you might want a sidearm (LKSS is one of the best, and it likes Sharp Infusion!) to Reposte/Backstab with, not to mention when you get a Guardbreak. Another nice thing about Whips is they can't be Parried. So, you know the Skeletons that Hold their Falchions up to Parry in Carthus? Yeah, good luck with that. (Also parry kings in Invasions, but this is PvE)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/863983329149114094/24AF39DDC285EE638B52274628DD399871FFB19D/

In a word, Bleed.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/863983329149113176/03A707684E571E558A5DBDE9B3EEB53798B7E0AB/

Also parries.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/863983481893617036/25712196C48474654BC9BEA630A6D5DA46D7D72B/

You remember what I said about the Estoc? Yeah, well guess what, it also combos off the Selsword Twinblades. Now, you have an exceptionally good horisontal Slash, and fast linear Poke right across from it. Also, you can Pair the SSTBs (Or the Gottard's if you prefer the Straight Sword moveset, and Reach.) for the Wombo Combo for when you want it dead before it gets a chance to hit you.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/867370346064225372/661073A9C25D3C712E43AF35A23D90C2D0621011/

Crossbow (I don't need the GotEZs when I have the LKSS) Unless you start Warrior, or want to splash in Strength, go with the Light, or Knights (In the swamp with lightning Arrows, if you got them) but once you get the Knight's ring, that's easily enough done. All of these are a Warrior for Health, and Stamina, which everyone needs. You know what beats Reach? Range, so you want something faster than the Whip in case they get close.

If you want Hyperarmor, there's no real substitute for the Astora greatsword. It's also light (For an UGS) enough to pair with other weapons. Sorry, don't have a picture with that, but if you like I can make one real quick. I hear the going rate is a kiloword.
Last edited by Psiberzerker on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skilled>Build

Psiberzerker

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,851.00
Which isn't to say I don't go Heavy/Poise. Image I do, but that's a little more complicated, because you have to know when to go Paired, Dual Wield (One of each) and when to 2H for maximum Scaling. Since we're talking PvE here, you don't want the best Damage all the time, because sometimes you're fighting 2 dogs with a Greataxe/Halberd Hollow pair, and others you're getting rushed by trash mobs at the bottom of the elevater from the Shortcut. You know the one? Yeah, 4 of them climb over the wall at once, after you kill the first one, to stunlock you with wild swings, but they're all 1 hitter quitters, and I kinda want to save Health/Estus to go beat up Vordt.

Can't have the Whip/Estoc combo for that (The whip can hit all 4 of them, before they even get close, and the Estoc finish them off with a Power Attack) So, the starter kit for that build is a Raw Straight Sword (Go ahead, and Farm those Lothric Knights) and Parrying Rapier, until you get farther along in the PvE. The Stagger Combo for that is Attack, Left Attack, Power Attack. If you're going Heavy, it's Broadsword, and Spear, or Halberd, depending on your starting Class (Spear for Strength/Warrior, Halberd for Quality/Knight.)

Basically all I do is Dual Wield, and/or 2H. Not really a fan of Block/Shields. Don't forget that the Caestus can Pimp Slap as well as Parry. Oh yeah (Forgot) what a lot of the Mugenmonkey builds that aren't playtested, like the Quality Dual Wielder don't take into account is where does it come from? There's 1 Quality gem early in the game. While you're on Fextralife, go ahead, and look up where you can farm Quality Gems before killing the Cancer of the Boreal Valley. You can farm Sharp Gems in Carthus. (Also, you get 1 Heavy gem in the Undead Settlement, another from Hawkwood the Deserter. If you're going Heavy/Poise, try to limit it to 2 Weapons, but the Demon Fists can't be infused, and already scale best off Pure Strength.)

This is a PvE build:

(Knight, or Merc) Raw Rapier, and starting weapon. (Rapier can Parry in the off hand, get used to the Timing.) Farm the Lothric Knights for your Straight Sword, then advance to the Settlement, add the Whip. Pick up the SSTBs (If you don't already have them) and the Twin Daggers on the way to Farron Keep, and start collecting Shards. Buy a Light Crossbow/Heavy Bolts from Greyrat when he gets back from his first run, beat up the Treenuts to get the Pontiff's Left Eye.

The Twindaggers are for the Swamp, Quickstep. You need the Farron Coal, and preferably Dreamchaser's Ashes so you can buy titanite Shards to get everything up to +3. For extra credit, you go on and Watchdog it for the Old Wolf Curved Sword, and then farm Carthus for the Sharp Gems to Infuse your Arsenal. (Also, pick and chose your favorite weapons to Infuse first. After the LKSS, I +4 that first too from the Large Shards over by Lightning Spear.) Also, for Bosses, Quickstep, and the Pontiff's Left are the best way to deal with the Blood of the Wolf, and Ironically the Pontiff (With his own Eyes!) The OWCS just double each bonus for those 2 rings. I suggest Life, and Chloranthy to get the prisoner's Chain, and Ring of Favor, unless you use Cheat Engine, and/or Pasword Summons to get everything you need from the start. In which case, you might as well go ahead and get Quality Gems/Weapons.

I save my first 2 Pale Tongues for respecs when i get to Rosaria. Yes, i know about all the glitches. I don't tell you how to glitch your way through the game, nobody ever Gets Good by being carried through, and cheesing the game. If you want that, don't go Dual Wield, go full Havel's like all those Overlevel Phantoms running around the highwal with the Spin-to-Win blades. (Splitleaf, Farron baitsword, and RKPUGS)
Skilled>Build

CryBloodwing

Psiberzerker wrote:Which isn't to say I don't go Heavy/Poise. Image I do, but that's a little more complicated, because you have to know when to go Paired, Dual Wield (One of each) and when to 2H for maximum Scaling. Since we're talking PvE here, you don't want the best Damage all the time, because sometimes you're fighting 2 dogs with a Greataxe/Halberd Hollow pair, and others you're getting rushed by trash mobs at the bottom of the elevater from the Shortcut. You know the one? Yeah, 4 of them climb over the wall at once, after you kill the first one, to stunlock you with wild swings, but they're all 1 hitter quitters, and I kinda want to save Health/Estus to go beat up Vordt.

Can't have the Whip/Estoc combo for that (The whip can hit all 4 of them, before they even get close, and the Estoc finish them off with a Power Attack) So, the starter kit for that build is a Raw Straight Sword (Go ahead, and Farm those Lothric Knights) and Parrying Rapier, until you get farther along in the PvE. The Stagger Combo for that is Attack, Left Attack, Power Attack. If you're going Heavy, it's Broadsword, and Spear, or Halberd, depending on your starting Class (Spear for Strength/Warrior, Halberd for Quality/Knight.)

Basically all I do is Dual Wield, and/or 2H. Not really a fan of Block/Shields. Don't forget that the Caestus can Pimp Slap as well as Parry. Oh yeah (Forgot) what a lot of the Mugenmonkey builds that aren't playtested, like the Quality Dual Wielder don't take into account is where does it come from? There's 1 Quality gem early in the game. While you're on Fextralife, go ahead, and look up where you can farm Quality Gems before killing the Cancer of the Boreal Valley. You can farm Sharp Gems in Carthus. (Also, you get 1 Heavy gem in the Undead Settlement, another from Hawkwood the Deserter. If you're going Heavy/Poise, try to limit it to 2 Weapons, but the Demon Fists can't be infused, and already scale best off Pure Strength.)

This is a PvE build:

(Knight, or Merc) Raw Rapier, and starting weapon. (Rapier can Parry in the off hand, get used to the Timing.) Farm the Lothric Knights for your Straight Sword, then advance to the Settlement, add the Whip. Pick up the SSTBs (If you don't already have them) and the Twin Daggers on the way to Farron Keep, and start collecting Shards. Buy a Light Crossbow/Heavy Bolts from Greyrat when he gets back from his first run, beat up the Treenuts to get the Pontiff's Left Eye.

The Twindaggers are for the Swamp, Quickstep. You need the Farron Coal, and preferably Dreamchaser's Ashes so you can buy titanite Shards to get everything up to +3. For extra credit, you go on and Watchdog it for the Old Wolf Curved Sword, and then farm Carthus for the Sharp Gems to Infuse your Arsenal. (Also, pick and chose your favorite weapons to Infuse first. After the LKSS, I +4 that first too from the Large Shards over by Lightning Spear.) Also, for Bosses, Quickstep, and the Pontiff's Left are the best way to deal with the Blood of the Wolf, and Ironically the Pontiff (With his own Eyes!) The OWCS just double each bonus for those 2 rings. I suggest Life, and Chloranthy to get the prisoner's Chain, and Ring of Favor, unless you use Cheat Engine, and/or Pasword Summons to get everything you need from the start. In which case, you might as well go ahead and get Quality Gems/Weapons.

I save my first 2 Pale Tongues for respecs when i get to Rosaria. Yes, i know about all the glitches. I don't tell you how to glitch your way through the game, nobody ever Gets Good by being carried through, and cheesing the game. If you want that, don't go Dual Wield, go full Havel's like all those Overlevel Phantoms running around the highwal with the Spin-to-Win blades. (Splitleaf, Farron baitsword, and RKPUGS)

Thanks for all the info, however I am way past all of those areas haha, I only have two bosses left. I also really do not like using shields. I prefer to roll. Can the cheat engine even be used on Xbox though? Also, I don't have anyone to summon and half the time summoning fails anyway.