Anything without a home!

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 523.00
Bank: 6,178.00
Poor ole gourd was alone in his gourd hole... except for Crams, he fought a giant with 120,000 health, tricked it off a cliff, and won 3 undead bone shards as well as 3 Estus shards for his trouble

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

@eremHaNeoN
@EldritchImagination
@Mr_Peer
@Harbinger1997

Were you still up for the winter event I spoke of? If so, what should the reward be? I can also post the draft of Solstice's cutscene right up until the mist arrives, if you want to review it

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

anyone for discod?

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

I will be on discord tomorrow if anyone else is

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

Did... did everyone just leave?

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

Would you like me to post the first fragments of the Book of the Void? I think Charles found a scrap last time

Mr_Peer

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,302.50
Wiki Edits: 18
Yes please

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

So be it
As you stand in the tower's base, thinking furiously of what to do next, you recall something Shanalotte had said some time ago. She had called together your comrades, and when all were seated around her, Charles proffered a scrap of paper covered in illegible marks the colour of dried blood. This she accepted, and clearing her throat, began to read:

I remember still the day I saw my first Riven; even now after so much has come to pass. I suppose that makes sense after a fashion. It is after all, not every day that you see a God. It was after all, one of the three worst days of my life. The Sun had just set, and night was creeping cold and cruel over the bloodsoaked lands. We had long since exhausted our arrows, and longer still exhausted our hope.
Then, he came like a storm from calm skies. A figure wreathed in thin ribbons of mist, his eyes two almonds of molten steel that glowed furiously from his veiled features. I knew the legends, but cried out still when arrows whistled toward him. I gasped aloud when with naught but a contemptuous hand he turned those shrieking shafts aside, leaving them broken and smoldering in his wake.
It was like a bolt of thunder flung from God’s hand when he struck their lines, a single blow sending concentric waves of light flashing through their ranks. They fell before him like fields of wheat swept up in an unstoppable gale, and all I could do, was look on in shock.
Now after the world has shattered and my hopes lie broken with all of mankind, I still feel that same awe when I think of it. For that was the glory of Riven, and how I believe, they should be remembered.
For all they’ve done,they deserve that much.

Prologue
I write this now in the cave that is to be my tomb

The day is at last dying, breathing its last choked gasp as the night crouches over, cruelly triumphant. Light had its reign, but all things end. That much is clear on this world’s scarred surface. There is here a story told time and time again, with different words, in uncountable tongues, but it has indeed been breathed forth as long as man has existed. For it is the tale of man’s most famous invention, yet the one he dares not claim: war.
Ruddy light creeps across the jagged stones, lingering here and there on jutting cliffs and dark, murky pools; setting alight with bloody flame the pale eyes of men who breathe no more. These corpses lay scattered across the earth, left to rot where they fell, for they are not knights with banners held high, nor are they soldiers with flame in their hearts. They are men born and bound in the same moment: captives that fight not for the love of their nation, but for the preservation of their lives.
A cruel life yes, but it is all they have known. Among these corpses a few still stand, listing like ships poorly moored, their eyes no brighter than those of their slain comrades. The day perishes around them, yet they make no move to find shelter. Thoughtless, wordless, worthless creatures they are; primal things that know only pain and the means to avoid pain, and now, like beaten hounds with broken wills, they dare not move until commanded to.
So the storm blows in, and one by one, they fall.

Shanalotte's clear voice falters, and she hands the scrap back. "That's all it says." She shakes her head as if dazed. "Reading that... was difficult. But I think it's important. If we are to find a ***** in the Voidborn's armor, here is where it shall lie. If you find any more scraps, bring them here. Unless that is, you know someone else who can read Sunder, Script of the Void..."

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

@Mr_Peer
@EldritchImagination
@eremHaNeoN
@Harbinger1997

Anyone going to be on this Tuesday? It'd be the last Tuesday before switching to weekend meetings

Mr_Peer

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,302.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I’ll be there, but only for about an hour.