Anything without a home!

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 10,981.50
Oh he's definitely doing good work. I think there's going to be a pretty huge political upheaval soon, judging by everything currently going on. Drain the swamp by exposing every single instance of corruption by putting them in the limelight.

The sexual harassment / molestation / Russia ties / various other corruption / businesses pissing off consumers / pretending the public is burying it's head seems to be getting under the skin of every day Americans, and make them start thinking and looking more critically at everything.

Every day there's some new scandal, story or revelation that's proven true, and people are starting to tire of it all. Are they getting jaded? Some are. Others are voicing their concerns to their representatives enmasse.

githcheater

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 287.00
Will Trump go nuclear and withdraw from NAFTA? That will really trash the economy and end the economic recovery.

Speaking of ending the economic recovery ...

1.5 trillion added to the debt by the proposed tax cuts will certainly trash the economy. The economy is doing great now, and it certainly does not need free money that might burst the present stock market bubble.

Is this a tax cut for the "middle class"? Huh? Most of the tax cuts that benefit the top 1% rich individuals should be greatly reduced, so as as to minimize the detrimental effect of the tax cuts on the already enormous federal deficit.

The Estate tax also needs to be kept intact, as it only benefits the ultra-rich, and because the propaganda that that the repeal of the estate tax helps the family farmer is mostly false.

The corporate tax rate of 35% definitely needs to be cut, as this tax rate is one of the highest in the world and non-competitive. I am not sure if cutting to 20% is too low though. Maybe Mitt Romney's old proposal of 25%, or Obama's old proposal of 28% might be more appropriate ... so long as loopholes that enable many corporations to pay zero tax are eliminated.

Finally ... extremists and misogynists like Al Franken and Roy Moore need to get out of politics. Hopefully they can be replaced with Retro Republicans if such an animal exists anymore.

http://c-7npsfqifvt34x24x78x78x78x2eusc ... /$/$/$/$/$

http://wgnradio.com/2017/11/20/retro-re ... and-moore/

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 89.00
Bank: 14,909.00
Wiki Edits: 710
Ha, @Praise-the-sun that sounds lovely. I have been watching ADVChina a lot in the last half year and I think I can understand why China would actually need something like that, their culture is not like ours in terms of honesty and trust. If you cheat someone here you are the bad guy, but if you cheat someone in China you're a good guy and the cheated person is the idiot. So, I could see why using sth like this surveillance system might intrigue their government even though it's a terrible idea haha...
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 301,045.49
Bank: 8,033.71
Wiki Edits: 23159
That article made me laugh.
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 10,981.50
Yeah at least it's rather well written.

I have my own concerns about the president when looking at recent behavior and speech patterns. It reminds me greatly of some of the memory care residents I deal with, and makes me wonder if we are seeing early signs of dementia. I think Regan had the same thing happen to him.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

The book telling you in the preface the author found contradicting and unverifiable sources and that he went with the version he thinks is true is a fantastic summary of our modern disinformation age. Just print something somewhere, repeat it enough time someone will think there must be some truth to it. Thus 4chan continues to troll people into increasingly stupid positions.

Trumps twitter behaviour is outrageous, but not harmful in my view. He is painting himself as a lose cannon and it gives him and edge. It's the exact same tactic that the very well educated n Korean dictatorship uses.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Marshmellowjam

Souls: 145.00
I feel like Trump is too unique to be treated as part of a conventional Republican/Democrat divide.

The 2016 election basically IMO was just about rejecting the post-WW2 consensus world (I think the biggest part of Trump is that he's 70 years old)

In that world, people tried to be nice to each other and get along even if they had different values, whereas the 2016 world was increasingly about extreme identity politics and kind of pockets of culture that rejected each other.

For instance, a lot of states in the US in the 2000-2016 period, in response to the perceived failures of internationalism because of issues elsewhere, or perhaps actual failures, undwerwent revolutionary changes in outlook and began to shed what they perceived as the burdens of the past.

States like Texas, Georgia, Florida, Ohio, Missouri, Wisconsin, Iowa, Wyoming, Montana, Lousiana, mainly southern states but a good share of northern states as well began to perceive the consesnus world as treating them unfairly, and therefore were going to go their own way.

I think to an extent this is a global trend but I'm not really sure, to be honest.

This manifest itself with nativist politics and also things like the neo-Confederacy movements etc, but also imo equally a kind of "work hard old steel town" perspective in places like western Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana (lest we forget who Trumps running mate was).

This was likely to bloom into full blown neo-Nazism and such, but I think Trump as the member of the consensus world stole the thunder out of all the movements, including the alt-right etc.

It's ironic of course because that would mean that all these states voted for their own worst enemy, I would expect Trump and co. to in the near future begin dismantling all the nativist politics of all these states and so on, and basically become their worst enemy, because he's a New Yorker really not so much of a red state guy as just the most maligned member of the post WW2-Consensus world.

So basically I think of the 2016 election as the US wanting to get rid of the Boomers and all their world regardless of exact political affiliation, and that world instead seizing the election and retaliating and destroying all the radical statist movements in the US.

Basically Trump is a democrat from New York and who is closely associated with and identifies strongly with a lot of the Blue States, particularly on the east coast and New England, who the democrats and blue states wanted to completely destroy the Republican party and all the Southern culture and midwest culture etc in the entirety.

And which is more or less happening, in slow motion, but, nonetheless.

So now the only divisions are basically between kind of western blue democrats who are more Clintonian and east coast/New England Trump democrats, with the Republicans and middle states ceasing to be in US politics.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Interesting perspective ... to me Trump is the rejection of parties. I've always thought countries should run less like happy money fountains and more like companies, where the board is responsible to the shareholders (the taxpayer). I think trumps admin has so far enacted several pro business schemes that are somewhat encouraging, and all the craze and drama are simply distractions.

The situation in Asia isn't great at the moment in terms of political stability, so I'm also somewhat thankful that he's brass and perceived as unpredictable, it's keeping the really scary people in check xD