Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Why it has DS 1 icon now on the wiki?
Wish I could parry in this game, I'm too used to using the pistols in Bloodborne to git gud
I would recommend standard small shields to train you parries but you should look guides that explain the exact time to press the button. Trust me it is worth learning it
'Ere some tips for ya':

1. Parry right when the enemy's weapon is about to hit you, not when they are preparing to hit or it's halfway to hit you.
2. Get this shield or any other shield that can parry, go to the starting area or the High Wall, and practice with hollows & Lothric knights since their attacks are predictable & pretty slow.
One of the worst kind of people is those who parry spams with the buckler, and after countless failed tries, they get a parry, one-shots you with hornet ring + dagger and then gives you a point down as if they thought they were good...
Exactly ! I hate it so much too , they even consider themselves "skilled"

WildBoar

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 206.00
Whips are your friend.

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,624.00
Wiki Edits: 4
I don't get the hornet + chaos dagger thing. I get it in competitive play but not in casual, there's just gonna be a lot of loading screens. Besides that you never get to parry your opponent AGAIN! Anyway, my opinion is that it is your own fault for getting parried in the first place; you should've anticipated the parry and backstabbed, which is easy enough to do if they spam. Another thing is that I wouldn't dishonor my playmate but that's a different discussion.
where did the information "The earliest parrying shield available for non-Assassins" come from? the knight, warrior, thief, sorcerer, pyro, and (of course) the assassin all have parrying shields. 60% of the classes start with parrying shields...
nvm I misunderstood what "parrying shield" means, ignore this comment.
Hol' up, is this a small shield or a parry shield? I'm confused. It's in the small shield section but it in Notes & Tips it says something about it being a parry shield...
It's an extended parry shield, but is also a small shield (there is no class called parry shield).
Katanas definitely have more parry frames than stated here. I tested it with the Chaos Blade on the Black Knight with the Greataxe right after the Champion Gundyr bonfire. I recorded as I was playing, parrying him over and over. Now as we all should know, the parry frames start when your stamina bar goes down, and counting the frames afterwards revealed that I got successful parries more than 4 frames after.
e.g. taking the stamina loss frame as frame 1, then the frame where the parry sparks came was on frame 6.
Another time it was on frame 9.
If you take the frame that fp is consumed as frame 1, then the frame stamina is lost (thus the parry frames starting) is on frame 9, exactly the same as fist weapons.
In this case, my previous tests landed successful parries on frames 14 and 17 respectively. Thus it seems to me like they share their frame data with fist weapons, the only uncertainty is that they might end 1 frame earlier or a couple of frames later.
Since, while looking it up, I read somewhere that the Chaos Blade was an exception, I tested it with the Uchigatana, and got the same results. All done on latest patch, of course. If anybody really wants to see the clips, I'll upload them, so just ask.
The chart above is over 2 years old and very out of date, inaccurate!
Current up to date info with sources here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TmKpp2lOOcHvoDnjB9P0LGDN71Np0Gr68tPQ8BkqxZ8/edit#gid=49382283

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,624.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Thanks man, what a great resource!