Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

Inside the chest, I got an unidentified legendary wand, about 500 gold and a random potion
The silly thing about this quest is that lizard characters need "Pet Pal" to speak to the salamander, Xiuh. If he's speaking ancient tongue, a language which you know. But I suppose Larian gonna Larian
This is a silly quest, I have Fane in my party and I just lockpicked the chest. No password necessary. But the quest didn't close after I looted the chest.
I can confirm what another post said. There's a Disembodied Leg on a table down in Ryker's basement that, when eaten by my Scholar elf, granted the password for the chest. This is not the same leg you dig up for the "Stranger in a Strange Land" quest, and the quest won't update after you eat the leg. But when you next speak to the chest, the option will be there. I don't know if you need to eat the leg after speaking to the chest for the first time, nor do I know if a non-Scholar elf can do it.
You can it it without schoolar tag, but if you use shapeshifting when you must eat and speak with chest in elf form.
Don't break it like I did. Then you can't complete the quest.