Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

MoondyneMC

Souls: 93.00
Hey guys, have had to make an account to try and get some help on this rather annoying issue I'm having on my first playthrough.

I'm trying to do the Seigward questline but am stuck at trying to get him out the well as Patches will NOT show up at any location.

1. Beat fire demon with Seigward
2. Found him trapped down well
3. Tried to get him to appear as normal in Cathedral via opening blue double doors near altar, no luck.
4. Went back to Firelink lift, no appearance
5. Went and discovered Rosarias Bedchamber to force him back to Firelink, still no appearance.

At this point I've taken down the Deacons, Watchers, Wolnir, Sulyvahn and Aldrich. Patches still won't appear in the Cathedral. Bedchamber or Firelink.

I exhausted Seigwards dialogue in the well, and didn't kill either giant in Cathedral. It's also worth mentioning that I sent Greirat to loot Anor Londo and he never returned, but his ashes weren't in the location described either.

Can anyone figure out what the hell I've done wrong?

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,690.50
Wiki Edits: 18
just return to the shrine tower and make sure that you go up the elevator and you should hear the door being shut. Come back down, talk to Patches who just "trapped" you inside and you will find him at his usual place at the shrine when you come back.
if not, I do not know. Maybe you just progressed way too far in the game without triggering him and blew up entirely his questline. I did not know it was possible though.
Last edited by announakis on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

MoondyneMC

I had already purchased the tower key and gotten the loot from it before starting the search for Patches. I haven't killed the blind priestess.

Travelling up and down the Shrine lift does nothing either, just checked again for good measure.

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

ah....
then are you sure that you exhausted Siegward dialogue in the well?
otherwise no idea sorry
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

MoondyneMC

Yeah he just keeps saying what a pickle he's in.

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

MoondyneMC wrote:Yeah he just keeps saying what a pickle he's in.

hmmm....i am out of depths here: he always showed up after I came back to this elevator no matter how screwed up my route was.
maybe the fact that siegward was still trapped preventing him to show up to save Greirat in Irithyl led patches to look for him for longer...maybe he will show up if you go back the the tower elevator after progressing even further?

but at this point, let's be honest: you will miss Greirat, Patches and Siegward questlines....you are better off starting a new game imo especially since it is still early in the game.
my YouTube channel
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,177.01
announakis wrote:
MoondyneMC wrote:Yeah he just keeps saying what a pickle he's in.

hmmm....i am out of depths here: he always showed up after I came back to this elevator no matter how screwed up my route was.
maybe the fact that siegward was still trapped preventing him to show up to save Greirat in Irithyl led patches to look for him for longer...maybe he will show up if you go back the the tower elevator after progressing even further?

but at this point, let's be honest: you will miss Greirat, Patches and Siegward questlines....you are better off starting a new game imo especially since it is still early in the game.

Yeah, u went too fast progressing. no matter if u find Patches or not to free Siegward from the well, Geirat will die in the sewers as Sulyvahn is already dead and Siegward will not rest at the fireplace above the sewers and moves directly to his cell on your route to Yhorm. that is, if im not mistaken. some time ago i did all the quests.

i think that you will find Geirat's ashes in the sewers after you kill the next boss.

if u do a new run, do the Siegward/patches well thingy right away when u in the cathedral. then Siegward will be at the fireplace above the sewers. send Geirat on his second trip there BEFORE u proceed further. and when u send Geirat u can safely proceed to kill Sulyvahn and Siegward will save Geirat. Another way is to let Siegward in the well, and then u can send Patches to check up on Geirat at the sewers, but also this must be done before killing Sulyvahn, AND Patches must have the full Union set. if u buy 1 or more pieces of the Union set before Patches can save Geirat, his mission will fail and Geirat dies anyway.

think that was it.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 43,673.50
Wiki Edits: 561
For the record, Sulyvahn doesn't need to be alive for anything. Him being dead won't interfere with Greirat's questline.

So, let's go through this step-by-step:
1) Siegward will only appear in the well if Patches is available to purchase the armor from. (meaning you've already progressed Patch's questline to that point)
2) In the first part of the questline, Patches appears on the other side of the bridge leading to/from the Rosaria covenant.
3) Patches will move to Firelink after you've bought the Tower Key and rode the lift up, but ONLY after you completed the first part of his questline (he introduced you to the giants, and then you spoke to him afterwards)

MoondyneMC wrote:Patches still won't appear in the Cathedral. Bedchamber or Firelink.

Can anyone figure out what the hell I've done wrong?

The problem here is that Patches doesn't appear in the Bedchamber. From the Bedchamber bonfire, walk out and down the stairs. Patches should be standing near the wizard grub next to a lever.

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

@TSMP but he already killed the Deacons...
my YouTube channel
so...
A hoonter must hoont!
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 43,673.50
Wiki Edits: 561
announakis wrote:@TSMP but he already killed the Deacons...

Doesn't matter, boss progress doesn't affect NPC questlines. Even Siegmeyer's, oddly (he just thanks you for fulfilling his promise in his place).