Discuss lore and secrets of Dark Souls 3

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 44,290.50
Wiki Edits: 116
Has Anyone Else though on Why Horace is Mute?

I've been thinking and realized I overlooked a simple fact. We get the Blue Sentinels Covenant from Anri and Horace. And Rosaria's Fingers is the Covenant in direct opposition to the Blue Sentinels. Could this mean that Horace's Tongue was taken by one of Rosaria's Fingers? If So Who Could Horace Have Invaded? Heysel? Kirk? Leonhard?

Proof that a red eye orb invader successfully fended off a blue spirit. Those who hunt dark spirits take the names of gods in ancient accord with the Way of Blue, a deception exemplified by their tongues. Use to acquire two Pale Tongues.

Shop Icon

TheManWhoLaughs

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,684.50
I always took it as the game's way of informing players, "listen you may get killed by an invader, but you can always do your part to make sure it doesn't happen to other players." But if we are talking about Lore, I would guess that it is tied to Horace's acquisition of the Executioner's armor. My guess is that Horace was rendered mute by a Finger, perhaps the previous owner of the armor he dons when you meet him, whom Horace had subsequently exacted revenge upon. It was always curious to me that the Executioner's sword was found in the graves outside the Cathedral and separate from the armor set it belongs to.

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Interesting.

I think I Will Try to Elaborate On This Line Of Thought.

Fingers Get A Forked Tongue Or 2 Tongues From Blue Sentinels. It Is Said that Blue Sentinels Are Especially Deceitful. I am Reminded Of Targray From DS2 and How He Seemed More Sinister than He Let On and all Our Discussions on If He and the Blue Sentinels Were Actually Evil. This Seems To Reinforce That Suspicion.

Here is the Thread I Am Referencing.

t46590/are-the-blue-sentinels-actually-quotgoodquot

We Know That Anri was being Manipulated by The Church Of Londor.

This Leads To A Number Of Questions.

Was Horace Hushed And Hollowed To Further Londors Plot?

Did Horace Fight A Finger Because One Of Aldrich's Archdeacon's was enthralled with her?

Could Horace Have Cut Out His Own Tongue To Be Reborn By Rosaria As the Perfect Travelling Companion For Anri?

Shop Icon

Yushime

Souls: 67.00
Wiki Edits: 2
umm
the term "Sb is Hushed" from a view may mean sb was silenced by another one .
the fact hes like that from the beginning says even when he and anri werent yet reached cathedral and fingers covenant he was Hushed and if so why may he cut off his own tongue so early
Anri and horace were by the bonfire where heysel invades and she is a finger. Could that be why he was hushed?

Maybe Horace offered his own tongue to Rosaria for a rebirth for himself?

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Interesting, But I Don't See A Particular Motivation, They Could Have Encountered Heysel On Their Way To The Cathedral, But I Could See Aldrich Eating Hoaraces Tongue Too.

There Are So Many Paths To Speculate On Why Horace Was Hushed. I Was Just Hoping The Link Between Fingers And BLue Sentinels Might Have been another Interesting Though Or Twist Depending How It Was Presented.

Shop Icon

Dragonscholar

Casual
Convict

Souls: 513.00
Nice thought. It definitely makes sense.

Jet1337

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,044.00
Wiki Edits: 11
Since most of the lore is open-speculation, I like to make my own theories. For Horace, I think he's literally dumb and Anri feels bad for him so she lets him tag along with her. Somehow they became separated in the Catacombs of Carthus and Horace had an episode and raged at anyone unfortunate enough to find him. You can even play a cruel joke on Anri by telling her where he is. lol
Dark Souls 3 -- The Doomslayer: Level 802 ☠ NG+72
https://puu.sh/xueua/ca339065a2.jpg

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Then You Think It Is His Stupidity That Keeps Him Mute? Interesting.

Anri Does Just Say He Isn't Talkative.

Going With This Line Of Thinking, Coukd It Be That Horace Didn't Talk From Hollowing? We Do Know That Going Hollow Makes You Mindless And That Coukd Ecplain Any Stupidity. Maybe He Had To Fight Just To Kerp Enough Sanity Not To Attack Anyone And That Is Why He Growls.

Shop Icon

Jet1337

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,044.00
Wiki Edits: 11
dn1nd wrote:Then You Think It Is His Stupidity That Keeps Him Mute? Interesting.

Anri Does Just Say He Isn't Talkative.

Going With This Line Of Thinking, Coukd It Be That Horace Didn't Talk From Hollowing? We Do Know That Going Hollow Makes You Mindless And That Coukd Ecplain Any Stupidity. Maybe He Had To Fight Just To Kerp Enough Sanity Not To Attack Anyone And That Is Why He Growls.

Lmao, my post got edited for sensitivity reasons. I meant to say that Horace is mentally handicapped. When someone goes hollow they definitely aren't getting intelligent.
Dark Souls 3 -- The Doomslayer: Level 802 ☠ NG+72
https://puu.sh/xueua/ca339065a2.jpg