Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Castielle

The Hand
The Hand of God

Masochist

Souls: 222,360.02
Wiki Edits: 40560
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Looking for a good Summoner Guide? Come check out our Druid Build Guide and let us show you how to optimize for best results!

Shop IconShop IconShop Icon
If anything, the build is better on Lone Wolf. Halves the minimum point cost for the incarnate champion, which opens up potentially 5 additional points to spread elsewhere. A control-focused mage wants optimal memory with a toolkit specced for any possible contingency: earthquake, thunderstorm, global cooling... a veritable slew of skills to best fit the situation.

It's unnecessary to slot EVERY infusion at all times. Basic deduction is enough to choose a top three or four for any given situation for first-time players. For anyone else... it doesn't take much to remember the type-match-ups in any given area of the game. The rest of a druid's toolkit can be specced with miscellaneous spells that cover their allies' weaknesses.

Again, easier to pull off in Lone Wolf, but for the average druid? Well, life's about choices. I'd personally eschew Warfare in favor of Huntsman for the Geomancer combo skills. A spread of 10 Summoning, 3 Aerothurge, 2 Hydrosophist, 2 Geomancer, 2 Huntsman, and 3 Polymorph (level 20 + All Skilled Up) hits all of the major points. You grab an incarnate champion, chain lightning, pressure spike and global cooling, vaporize and skin graft, earthquake and throw dust...

But yeah. The options are limitless. I wanted to point out that alternatives exist, that you don't have to be a buff bot for optimal results. Summoning is a huge commitment, and whether or not it's worthwhile is a completely different question, but working around 10 sunken points while trying to maintain a decent build sometimes looks like an act of futility.

It's nice to see the effort put into this tho; keep it up! I've been enjoying the series of guides immensely.