VIP

Castielle

The Hand
The Hand of God

Masochist

Souls: 218,315.02
Wiki Edits: 40068
Reaperfan wrote:
Castielle wrote:So I watched the first video and then I started watching the second video and had to stop about 6 minutes or so in.

Did the same, to be honest. Though, again to be fully honest, I was actually more or less fine with his points in the second video up until that 6 minute mark. He lost me at that point when he starts going "she REALLY thinks it's the Jews just like other White Supremacist movements, but she's just sneakily not explicitly saying so herself so she doesn't get kicked off Youtube!" Up until then when he started letting it go to attacking her character, he was more or less just pointing out flaws in her arguments. It's wrong to just assume data trends will continue exactly as they have been without considering other factors going forward. Even if the trend is there, it's not so extreme that it will resort in a majority "overtaking of white people" (as in the white population falling below 50%) anytime soon, or at least not within the span of a single generation like she was implying.

But while her presentation had flaws, if taken as a hypothetical thought experiment rather than a statement of fact it's not incorrect either. The idea that a sudden mass movement of one culture into another without proper time to allow the two cultures to effectively integrate with each other will eventually result in one of them overtaking the other rather than resulting in a blend of the two.

It's really hard to predict (if not impossible) what will happen, but there are people that are certainly afraid of seeing their country/culture change drastically and too quickly (particularly by Islam). I don't think that makes someone racist, is my point though. She seems concerned. Is she too concerned? I don't know, that really depends on what information you have and how you view the whole Europe situation.

Cas
The difference between Left Wing and Right Wing is that Left Wing people what everyone to finish the race the same. Right Wing people want everyone to start the race the same.
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 5,161.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Castielle wrote:It's really hard to predict (if not impossible) what will happen, but there are people that are certainly afraid of seeing their country/culture change drastically and too quickly (particularly by Islam). I don't think that makes someone racist, is my point though. She seems concerned. Is she too concerned? I don't know, that really depends on what information you have and how you view the whole Europe situation.

Cas

Oh, I'm in agreement. I don't think she was being racist and has legitimate concerns. But at least until he stooped to attacking her character and casting intent into her position that wasn't there, the other guy also had some legitimate points as well.

I dunno, just trying to find some kind of middle ground I guess.
A system error occurred during event movement.
A system error occurred during event movement...
VIP

Castielle

The Hand
The Hand of God

Masochist

Souls: 218,315.02
Wiki Edits: 40068
The difference between Left Wing and Right Wing is that Left Wing people what everyone to finish the race the same. Right Wing people want everyone to start the race the same.
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,419.00
There might be enough push back on that to keep the monument as it is. Seems like a lower court ruled on it, so there's a chance that opponents of the removal of the monument could force a higher court to view the case.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 262,696.49
Bank: 7,567.71
Wiki Edits: 19921
So I just watched Kelly's TV conference about that condolences phonecall.. It was very sad, and gave a lot of context to what was being said. I'm rather shocked that so many people are now attacking him as a "distracting uniform" instead of considering the personal loss space he's talking from. Ugh.

Also... now the Russia story moves to Obama days with Clintons. Lol. If you wrote this into a TV show people would say it's too unbelievable.
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Fexelea wrote:So I just watched Kelly's TV conference about that condolences phonecall.. It was very sad, and gave a lot of context to what was being said. I'm rather shocked that so many people are now attacking him as a "distracting uniform" instead of considering the personal loss space he's talking from. Ugh.

Also... now the Russia story moves to Obama days with Clintons. Lol. If you wrote this into a TV show people would say it's too unbelievable.

I think Trump could have handled that call with a little more tact, but I think what he said had been taken it of context, because the only quote I saw was him saying "he knew what he signed up for". And that didn't even come from the widow, it came from a news source / Democrat.

I'm glad Kelly talked about his experiences, that's one of many reasons I'm glad he's in a good Cabinet position. The ones attacking him don't understand what you go through personally losing your kid, or even if it's a friend you lose.

And I have seen some (actually proved) reports of Russia-based social media accounts posting divisive statements, but how those affected the election is still up for debate.

From what I've seen, Putin wanted Clinton in the White House, not Trump, because Clinton could be bought easily and had done lots of business with Russia before (selling uranium, for one).

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

Hmm this is interesting.

Basically this is trying to stop loss a bunch of Air Force pilots, but could be misused to supress criticism of the Commander in Chief. If on active duty you cannot just simply step out in the open critisize the President.

A lot of military have recently done some criticizing after their retirement and even got into politics. This is a astonishingly simple way to suppress those critics by just calling them back on active duty and putting them under the UCMJ again.

This EO allows the federal government to recall into service any retired member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps.

This may be a precursor to military action, which is concerning. It might also be something Trump has not discussed with his Cabinet, as I doubt Kelly and Mattis will let any military action occur that would harm our already fragile relationships.

Elhanan

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 1,899.00
It ain't like Trump told them their loved one died due to a video....
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 262,696.49
Bank: 7,567.71
Wiki Edits: 19921
@Lich180

I looked up the original order and I think such fears are unfounded and misplaced:

1) The Secretary of Defense has to do this... do we really think he'll go for whimsical censorship?
2) This seems to be the next logical step for under-staffing, which they initially tried to solve with the VRRAD program

If any other president had done this (and ofc Bush did), nobody would think they are trying to silence critics. I think it's much more likely to be related to under-staffing since Air Force training is a bottleneck, and to prepare for possible wars in N.Korea and Africa. Conspiracy theorist on both sides have ideas, such as people saying this is an attempt to recall generals retired by Obama - I don't think that either as the voluntary program was in place already.

----
re: clinton / russia

I saw the wikileaks of podesta's deals with the sell of uranium, particularly the fact he owns shares on the acquiring company, and used his daughter's address for the shell company that brokered the transaction. The US government has some really creepy dealings that its public aren't aware of, but even when in public it seems nothing is done about it and people don't really care. That sort of corruption / insider trading is revolting.
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon