Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 500.00

Something special came in a mail today :D Do you know what this means? ;)
I'm making this roguelike game called Soulblight. Take a look :)
www.mynextgames.com

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

Yes everybody! We’re going to Seattle! The main point of our upcoming Kickstarter will be our visit at PAX WEST. We’ve been selected by Foundation Indie Games Poland to showcase our game at their stand this year. If you happen to be at PAX this year drop by Polish booth and say hello :)

P.S Soulblight Kickstarter will go live on AUG 17th. Don’t forget to support our thunderclap: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/596 ... ickstarter
www.mynextgames.com

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

We’ve announced last week that as a part of Soulblight upcoming kickstarter we will be visiting Pax West 2017 Besides it being a perfect opportunity to spread the word about our campaigning. PAX will also be a culmination of our alpha tests

Don’t worry though - Certain things will remain the same!
  • If you have alpha access you will still be able to run the game any time you want
  • I will continue to sharing the steam keys every monday
  • You will still be able to sign up at http://www.mynextgames.com for the chance to receive the key

What does the end of alpha tests mean? Well… The only thing that will change is the fact that I will no longer update the build regularly. This doesn't mean though the game won't need testing. But how we will be doing it I will share with you next time :)

P.S Soulblight kickstarter will go live on AUG 17th. Don’t forget to support our thunderclap: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/596 ... ickstarter
www.mynextgames.com

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

It's 6 days before Soulblight kickstarter launch. I wake up to learn we've been selected Intel Level Up Contest Finalist! :D Nice timing don't you think ;)
www.mynextgames.com

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

Soulblight beta on the horizon as kickstarter reward

As I mentioned couple days ago our alpha test program will come to an end with our visit at Pax West 2017. This doesn’t mean though the game needs no more tests. Soon after the kickstarter campaign we will be beginning the beta test. The beta build will include much bigger part of the game. You will be able to face all 3 bosses we’ve prepared as well as acquire up to four taints. The access to the beta tests will be one of the kickstarter rewards.

Soulblight kickstarter will go live next Thursday (AUG 17th)

Don’t forget to support our thunderclap :)
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/596 ... ickstarter
www.mynextgames.com

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

One of the members of our Steam community suggested that I would post the Alpha Update changelog to help you all follow on the development. This is an Awesome idea. Not sure why I haven't thought about it earlier :P It happens that I just uploaded new update so here comes the first one:

• The alpha build is now in the form of Kickstarter Demo. It's a bit shorter as we don't want to show the locations that still contain assets in a concept stage(like camp and chapel)
  • Chrono Inhibitor armor set added. Armor of this type allows you to use time slowing mechanic.
  • Spiked armor set added. Armor deals passive damage to the enemy when in Grip.
  • First light armor set added
  • Items made of black steel can no longer kill you. When you equip an item with that tag while on full wounds you simply don't receive the Black Steel Curse buff until you heal.
  • 6 light shields added
  • 6 medium shields added
  • 6 heavy shields added
  • Spear primary attack speed has been increased. This weapon type seemed to be a bit under-powered.
  • The loot you receive as a taint reward is now more varied.
  • Bosses movement speed increased. You should no longer be able to infinity kite him.
  • Now when you’re sneaking through the creaking zone the range in which the sound is heard depends on how fast you're walking (You can sneak slower by gently moving the analog stick)

P.S
If you'r interested in checking out Soulblight sign up for the alpha demo at http://www.mynextgames.com
You can also support our upcoming kickstarter. it goes live on AUG 17th here's the thunderclap link: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/596 ... ickstarter
www.mynextgames.com

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

Don't worry guys! We're alive! :) We've been a bit silent for last couple of days as we're working hard to get the kickstarter up and running. It's It's gonna go live any day now! Sorry for that delay!
There's a bright side to all of it though :) To reward you for waiting we've decided to add a demo access as an additional kickstarter reward! :) We will send out the keys just after the end of the campaigning. So if you decide to become our backer you will be able to try Soulblight out really soon :)
www.mynextgames.com

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

Soulblight - ‘ok’ is not enough
After over a month of intense work on our Kickstarter campaign last night we finally finished. We sat down to look through all the materials we've prepared. It seemed to be ready to go as everything was "ok". However deep inside we felt that "ok" was not good enough.
You see one of the things that we’ve learned while working on Soulblight is that making a good game isn’t enough this day. We live in an age of the information overflow. Usually you have only a few seconds to get someone's attention. Keeping that in mind our idea of “More literal approach to RPG” isn’t easily transferred into a single picture or a 5 second video. That is the reason we struggle when we present our me to new people. And this is also the reason our Kickstarter campaign at its current stage is just "ok".
Don’t worry. This doesn't mean we want to sacrifice our vision of the game to make it more “promotable”. The game will remain unaffected. What we need to do is find a new, more approachable way to communicate what we have to say.
We have some ideas on how to do it but now we just need some time to make them happen. This means that we have to postpone Soulblight Kickstarter campaign for a month or so Launching it without solving that problem might do more harm than good.

Once more thank you for all your support and sorry for the delay. :(

Regards,
Kuba

P.S Postponing the kickstarter doesn't mean we won’t be showcasing Soulblight at PAX West this year. Actually I'm writing this from the airport waiting for the plane. If you happen to be in Seattle this year drop by booth #6003 on the 6th floor and say hello :)
www.mynextgames.com

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

This week we've been slowly going back to our routine after PAX West. To jump straight into the development we've took on the feature we've been excited to implement for a while now - Dual Wielding
www.mynextgames.com

abraksil

Regular
Battle Tested

Almost finished dual wielding this week. All what's left is fixing few minor bugs. There is one thing I'm still considering thought. Adding ability to combo the attacks like on the gif below. What do you think?
www.mynextgames.com