Anything without a home!

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,419.00
Right, focus on merit and ability, rather than diversity for diversity sake.

Makes sense.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,423.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Lich180 wrote:Right, focus on merit and ability, rather than diversity for diversity sake.

Makes sense.

I'm Definitely on that side.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

EldritchImagination wrote:
qeter wrote:not really sure if this belongs in off-topic or politic thread, any thoughts on the google memo thing?

I looked this up. different perspectives on it

Seems it's split between people thinking he is anti-diversity, and other believing he just meant why should they be focusing on puttting women in tech over the more qualified people in tech regardless of gender.

And peopel have now started posting videos.

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 214.00
Bank: 4,213.00
Wiki Edits: 5
for my part i think this is a retirement move of a extremely intelligent engineer. he released that memo/manifesto thing as an internal document meant to affect hiring practices, a legally protected action. someone else leaked the memo as i'm sure he knew someone would. google, predictably, responded by firing him and now he responds with a kind of lawsuit that can't be retaliated against. if he wins he gets a pretty nice severance package; if he loses he gives google another PR hit following their loss of an European monopoly lawsuit. Either way it becomes apparent that google employees are not the philosopher kings they once were and are instead a drone like monocultre. pretty nice revenge against anybody he didn't like in the company.

either way google doesn't really make tech anymore. that's deepmind, calico, X, and all the shady child company's of alphabet.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

qeter wrote:for my part i think this is a retirement move of a extremely intelligent engineer. he released that memo/manifesto thing as an internal document meant to affect hiring practices, a legally protected action. someone else leaked the memo as i'm sure he knew someone would. google, predictably, responded by firing him and now he responds with a kind of lawsuit that can't be retaliated against. if he wins he gets a pretty nice severance package; if he loses he gives google another PR hit following their loss of an European monopoly lawsuit. Either way it becomes apparent that google employees are not the philosopher kings they once were and are instead a drone like monocultre. pretty nice revenge against anybody he didn't like in the company.

either way google doesn't really make tech anymore. that's deepmind, calico, X, and all the shady child company's of alphabet.

And I just learned what philosopher kings means recently to understand this.

Definitely sounds like Google is falling off its throne

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

EldritchImagination wrote:
qeter wrote:for my part i think this is a retirement move of a extremely intelligent engineer. he released that memo/manifesto thing as an internal document meant to affect hiring practices, a legally protected action. someone else leaked the memo as i'm sure he knew someone would. google, predictably, responded by firing him and now he responds with a kind of lawsuit that can't be retaliated against. if he wins he gets a pretty nice severance package; if he loses he gives google another PR hit following their loss of an European monopoly lawsuit. Either way it becomes apparent that google employees are not the philosopher kings they once were and are instead a drone like monocultre. pretty nice revenge against anybody he didn't like in the company.

And I just learned what philosopher kings means recently to understand this.

Definitely sounds like Google is falling off its throne

google has become ALPHABET. modern google is just to make money their job is to implement the things that deepmind creates.
something like, i don't know, a neural network powered voice synthesizer for user interfaces?
https://deepmind.com/blog/wavenet-gener ... raw-audio/

their job isn't nothing but they aren't what they once were. perhaps it would be more accurate to say the lines that were always there simply became more definite.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Hey, the game Deadlight is free on GOG. Side scrolling action zombie survival if anyone is interested.

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

bought a game on steam called subsurface circular. cheap and short. pretty artistic. has autistic robots in it. i give a thumbs up.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Well, after a rest from the game, I finished all three crash Bandicoots. I rate them from best to worst 1>3>2.

Crash 3's main problem is its vehicle and swimming levels. Most add no enjoyment to the rest of the platforming, The motorcycle races especially are quite bothersome given the ridged turning, especially during boosts, and the fact that bumping into any of the cars slows you down and speeds them up. Coco's waverunner levels aren't too bad, though the turning, again, isn't very tight. Only fun vehicle is the plane sections. Simple, short, flight shoorters.

As for the swimming, once again, clunky turning. plus you go sideways while speed swimming up or down for no reason, as it doesn't do that when swimming left or right. Also, you don't stop quickly, which makes no sense and is really irritating when swimming through tight spots between explosive creates. I don't know if the devs ever swam in water before, but it a lot easier to stop than the game makes it out to be, especially at the speed Crash moves. Overall, Crash hasthe swimming grace of a bloated drunk seal with a missing fin.

Second problem, and this is just a annoyance cause of lack of information, but they never tell you you need to collect relics to access the secret routes to get the gems in all the levels it's completely different than in Crash 2, and the lack of telling the player is dumb. I spent a bunch of time looking through levels for the secret route (as was the case in Crash 2), only get frustrated, and look up the location, only to then find out that the mechanic was completely changed so that you had to collect 5 relics earned from completing speed challenges to gain access to the secret route room. The game gives absolutely not indication of this, and since I didn't have interest in doing the speed challenges, I completely missed this.

Funny thing is, I actually prefer this over Crash 2's approach because it at least allows the player to know where to go to access the routes, over Crash 2 where you had to find an unmarked, non-indicated, basically mystery location in a different level that has no relation to the level you want to find the route to access. I only found one secret route in that game, and it was by sheer luck as Crash two never tells you how to access secret routes either. It's better in Crash 3, but they could at least tell you that you need the relics. It makes it even more hard to guess since, in the previous two games, the relics were for nothing more than a PS trophy and speed run challenge, so thinking they actually unlock something never crossed my mind.

Ironically, although Crash 2 & 3 are thought of as improvements to Crash 1, I enjoyed crash 1 most of all for it's simplicity. Just 3D and 2D platforming, and no annoying vehicle or swimming levels.

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

what the point of underwear? i'm already wearing shorts/pants.

if anyone plays subsurface circular tell me. i want to know what you thought of it.