Discuss Demon's Souls and the start of the Souls Series
Wiki: Demon's Souls Wiki

dubloon7

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 594.00
Wiki Edits: 6
I have PWWT in Boletarian Palace, Stonefang, Tower of Latria, and Valley of Defilement (had in Shrine of storms but issue persisted so went to PBWT instead for pure bladestone)

Boletaria: Killed all bosses except for Fake King, and killed both red and blue dragons. PWWT: DOOR DOES NOT OPEN TO MIRALDA

Stonefang: Able to pick up Bone Crusher AFTER Dragon god fight....WTF? Made to scirver afterwards.

Tower: Grabbed key and unlocked Rydell's cage AFTER Old Monk fight.......?????????????????

Valley: Defeated all bosses, went back to Nexus, returned...................NO PWWT anymore??????? HUH? WTF? No Selen? No ladder for lance? WTF?

For all of these I played online but offline once in a while in random locations.

What am I doing wrong in Boletarian and Valley? How does my game tell me PWWT in both with overall map as brightest color, and top right circle symbol is pure white????????????????????????

Any help please?

Can anyone just drop in and provide me the PWWT weapons/rings/items since my game is effed?
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 43,136.50
Wiki Edits: 561
Every time you reconnect to the online server, your game will update with whatever the current average is for all online players. You can modify it from there by killing bosses and whatnot, but when you turn the game off it'll reset back to the server average again next time you turn it back on and go back online. The only way to keep your world tendency between sessions is to play offline.

Although, from your descriptions, it sounds like you weren't actually at pure white tendency. The difference in color can be pretty minute. If you aren't playing with other players, even a single death in body form can ruin your chances for pure white tendency for that playthrough. With other players, you can summon two allies, kill an invader, and then kill the boss with your allies to hit either pure white or just shy of it in one fell swoop, but Demon's Souls isn't exactly populated anymore.

dubloon7

Regular
Battle Tested

that's my issue. Boletaria clearly shows PURE WHITE in both windows but that damn door doesn't unlock. What's the point of showing this in my game if it fails to work properly?

maybe i'll just delete my current game and run another duping session to retread 20+ hours of this total BS system. at least I have all trophies except for all magic , all weapons, and all rings. maybe instead of wasting more time some humble umbasa soul will drop into my game, or load me into theirs and temporarily drop the remaining items for this horrendously designed trophies?
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

I can assure you that your copy of the game doesn't have some special line of code none of the others do. You simply aren't at pure white tendency, no matter how close it looks. If you don't have any bosses left to kill in the area, you could always go to NG+. It'd probably be faster than starting the whole game over, in fact, and rather than needing to do everything again you could simply do a targeted run and pick up only the stuff you missed the first time around.

dubloon7

Regular
Battle Tested

I can assure you, I was playing both online and offline and both instances clearly show PURE WHITE, and still show it. I've been looking at this garbage on wikia and fextra and clearly I am correct on color coding. the game would actually be quicker to restart with duping than go head into NG+ and redo this all with more difficult enemies. if I do that i'll dupe my SL to 300+ and waste 10 hours doing it just to breeze thru this crap overarching system. no wonder sony won't remaster this as it's garbage. Remake it like SotC and do away with the online average crap and provide + and - values to the world mapping window to clearly notify the player where they sit on this dumbass system
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Well, hopefully you feel better afterwards. Good luck, I guess.

Though, I have to ask: If you really feel like playing it is such a bother...?

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 18,844.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2140
I've played thousand of hours with Demon's Souls and i can assure you that, if you don't see changes in your world, it's because the tendency is near to the PW but it's NOT entirely PW
The same thing happened to me a month ago when i started a new run.....in three worlds i couldn't reach the PW because i died a couple of times before reaching the PW.....
It happened in Shrine of Storm, Tower of Latria and Valley of Defilement (i died fighting the BP of Garl Vinland.....) so i couldn't get the Weapons and Sets that are only available in PW.....
The only way to get a PW tendency again is to defeat the BP NPC in your World under the PB tendency and the Primeval Demon at the same time......this should work but i don't assure you it will work at 100%