For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

Dinklederp

Souls: 100.00
Hello,

I have recently started PvP'ing but my build kinda sucked. I want to stay at SL125 to be able to invade and be invaded frequently.
I have made a backup of my save file and using the cheat engine I reallocated my vitality points to dexterity so I can wield every weapon in the game.
I have changed my max HP to the amount it would've been at 35 (which I have changed it to now)
If i did everything correct I would not have an unfair advantage over other players right now.
My question is, is this considered cheating, and will PvP watchdog kick me out?

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,360.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Pretty sure any save editing can get you marked. Even players who got souls added to their character against their will (via hackers) got banned from the regular servers.

If you want to change builds legit, there's a person who can respec you in the game, though you're limited to 5 respecs per playthrough.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Dinklederp

Alright, I'm glad I made a backup then, thanks.

I never knew there is an npc who can do that though, who is this npc and where can I find them?

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Dinklederp wrote:Alright, I'm glad I made a backup then, thanks.

I never knew there is an npc who can do that though, who is this npc and where can I find them?

A woman named Rosaria, who acts as a covenant leader. Here's the wiki page for her

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Rosaria,+Mother+of+Rebirth
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Dinklederp

Um, thank you very much for your time but it appears that is for DS3 only, I was referring to DS1.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Dinklederp wrote:Um, thank you very much for your time but it appears that is for DS3 only, I was referring to DS1.

Oh, hell, didn't notice. My bad. Well in that case, If the cheat does mess you up, I would try the forest for PvP. As I recall, there's no level limit there when it comes to the forest hunters covenant, so you can invade/be invaded by people of far higher/lower level Aside from that, I wouldn't think Dark Souls 1 would be too populated to begin with given it's age.

Dinklederp

According to this website http://steamcharts.com/app/211420 it's still pretty populated though, so I'm not worried about not finding people to play with :p
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 43,136.50
Wiki Edits: 561
Watchdog only looks for impossible stat allocations. So long as your stat spread is possible to do without cheating, it won't flag you.

There is no natural way to change your stats in DaS1 like there is in DaS2 or 3. If you wanted to do it without using CE, you'd have to make an entirely new character instead.

15941965 EldritchImagination wrote:Oh, hell, didn't notice. My bad. Well in that case, If the cheat does mess you up, I would try the forest for PvP. As I recall, there's no level limit there when it comes to the forest hunters covenant, so you can invade/be invaded by people of far higher/lower level Aside from that, I wouldn't think Dark Souls 1 would be too populated to begin with given it's age.

Common misconception. Forest PvP uses the same matching rules as Red Orbs/Sign, where it only goes 10% down but doesn't have an upper limit. It'll prioritize people closer to your level, but if it can't find any then it'll keep going up until it does. You won't invade anyone below you though, so going higher technically still reduces the number of people you invade.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

TSMP wrote:
15941965 EldritchImagination wrote:Oh, hell, didn't notice. My bad. Well in that case, If the cheat does mess you up, I would try the forest for PvP. As I recall, there's no level limit there when it comes to the forest hunters covenant, so you can invade/be invaded by people of far higher/lower level Aside from that, I wouldn't think Dark Souls 1 would be too populated to begin with given it's age.

Common misconception. Forest PvP uses the same matching rules as Red Orbs/Sign, where it only goes 10% down but doesn't have an upper limit. It'll prioritize people closer to your level, but if it can't find any then it'll keep going up until it does. You won't invade anyone below you though, so going higher technically still reduces the number of people you invade.

Thanks for clearing that up. Though, I wonder who would be PvPing at low level at this point.