Organize fightclubs, discuss tactics!

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,796.50
The following document is a set of guidelines for building non-meta SL optimized Phantoms.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qyl ... sp=sharing

The guidelines explain how to go about successfully constructing SL/stat constrained builds. There is more of a thought process involved than one needs to have at the meta SL range of SL120-150 - which typically devolves into a soft capped quality array.

This is the process of how I personally go about constructing my own invasion builds, but it should also be useful to anyone who is interested is playing the opposing phantom roles as a Sentinel or White/Sunbro. For veterans of this site, the information within is largely an organized form of the smatterings of build advice I have given across many thread postings.

I doubt there is much value veterans will find, but I thought I would go ahead and construct this for any new interest that arrives along with DLC2.

Feel free to post any wisdom I may have missed, or the usual Souls salt & criticism :00012:
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,733.50
Wiki Edits: 18
the Prisoner's chains is in fact a +15 not +10 stat coz it boost endurance as well!
I still use it on my sl125 caster hybrid builds!

otherwise, tis all pretty accurate imo
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

announakis wrote:the Prisoner's chains is in fact a +15 not +10 stat coz it boost endurance as well!
I still use it on my sl125 caster hybrid builds!

otherwise, tis all pretty accurate imo

The intention of that statement is that when you consider the drawback:
The 10% absorption penalty is offset by the Vitality -> Base Def & Equip Load Increase -> higher absorption armor
Leaving one with basically +5 Vig, +5 End which also in turn increase Base Def
Which is why I state its 'effectively' a +10 ring.

I'll try to make sure I explain that a little better
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,733.50
Wiki Edits: 18
ah ok, I see now
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Given the changes to Weapon Reinforcement Level (WRL) Matchmaking in 1.13, I've updated the guide on suggested WRL & Soul Level.

For those of you who play builds at non-meta SL / WRL, I'd be interested in hearing your experiences with the consistency of matching.

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

TSMP wrote:Huh, somehow I didn't see this the first time around. Pretty spiffy.

I guess I should link the thread in my sig and not just the doc :)