Discuss Capcom's upcoming RPG, share trailers and information!
Wiki: Visit the Deep Down Wiki

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
HazamaOuroborous wrote:Apparently Capcom renewed the trademark for the 5th time recently, which is the last time they can renew it.
As Siliconera state: "any trademark filed in the United States can only be extended five times within three years, and it becomes lost after its fifth expiration.".
Apparently the trademark can be kept though, if something is actually demonstrably done with the trademark, rather than it just sitting there being renewed with no progress bring shown at all.
EDIT: Gamesradar explain the "doing something with the trademark" thing as: "If you're doing the math at home, that means Capcom has until February 2017 to produce a viable product before someone else can grab the name. To be clear, when I say "viable product," I mean that, according to the US Patent and Trademark Office, Capcom must "use the mark in commerce and submit a statement of use.""

Source/s: https://www.destructoid.com/three-years ... 9149.phtml , http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/08/ca ... ning-time/

Soo... they can't just say "hey guys, we're still totally doing this and stuff", but they need to actually have a product that uses the trademarked property, like a demo?

I wonder if they just decided to go full silence after the whole nonsense about the main character not being a woman.
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
We'll see something about it eventually no doubt. Rumors are that it will be a matched title with the new powerful current gen console versions.
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Gaming News, Guides & Reviews / Gaming Wikis / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Daos_Strange

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,139.00
Wiki Edits: 2
I tried searching for news on this last week, but came up empty. @Emergence where are you hearing these rumors?
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
I believe it was a leaked demo list for the new PS4, titles that they were going to promote along with it.
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Gaming News, Guides & Reviews / Gaming Wikis / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Daos_Strange

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,139.00
Wiki Edits: 2
That's actually very exciting news. If that's true, we could be hearing more info about the game very soon.

kmetek

Casual
Convict

Souls: 203.00
so no news?