Report Salt and Sanctuary Bugs, learn about known issues, and give feedback to the developers

RedPill

Souls: 107.00
Wiki Edits: 1
[EDIT:] After playing this amazing game some more, I need to revise my initial post. Please read the 2nd post for the thoughts I've made about these issues.[/EDIT]

There are some things I've noticed during Co-op with my friend about CREEDS that I want to address. Especially when both players want to focus on different Creeds.

• "Work" for a Creed's leader should be available to Sellswords. Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but clicking on "work" as a sellsword doesn't do anything.

Currently the only way to level up the devotion to a creed is by switching to the Sellsword's game. Combine this with the BUG of "Keys for sellswords" and the inability to progress further: you have a sellsword unable to increase their devotion to a creed.

• Giving a Sellsword a Sactuary. It makes perfect sense, that a Sellsword has no control over a Sanctuary. It's the Hosts choice what Creed it will house and what NPCs should be there.

BUT some sort of option to "give away" the right to manage a Sanctuary (not all, just one) would be great. This would allow a Sellsword to have a Sanctuary with their Creed, if it differs from the Host's Creed. A Sellsword managed Sanctuary would accept offerings from a Sellsword. Of course there should also be the option for the host to remove this right to manage the Sanctuary.

Alternative: Enable offerings (or claiming a sanctuary) for the Host IF the Sellsword is a member of said creed. This would also make sure that there are not more Sanctuary NPC than offerings in the game.

I know that a Host could also join that Creed, place some NPC for the Sellsword and then move back to their old Creed, but that resets the devotion of the old creed plus costs even more time and salt (sin).

The other thing I've noticed is the already known "Key Bug", which kind of plays right into these suggestions. Well, it plays into all kinds of progression, including creeds.

I'm also still not sure what to think of the Black Pearl and High-End upgrade material treasures being removed from the Sellsword's world. Seems like a huge drawback for Sellswords, especially if both players start with brand new characters and worlds..... :-/

RedPill

Souls: 107.00
Wiki Edits: 1
After playing through the game several times and doing more Co-op, I can now understand why "work" for a Creed is disabled for Sellswords. Since you can work again in NG+ and obtain even more Creed rewards (i.e. 7 additional Healing Potions) per NG+ cycle, giving a Sellsword the option to work in the host's world could easily be abused to obtain ridiculous amounts of Creed items.

Also my initial idea of giving the Sellsword a Sanctuary seems rather redundant to me by now. Even if the Sellsword does not progress through their own world, they can still place the needed NPC in the Shivering Shore and change the Creed by using a Crystal Sphere.

None the less I have thought a lot about the issues that make Co-op "ugly". Don't get me wrong - I LOVE THIS GAME! Most of them aren't new issues, but I simply want to share my thoughts on those problems.

The missing Keys: Not sure if it's possible to change without re-writing tons of code, but what if keys work the exact same way as brands do? Bound-to-world rather than bound-to-character.

Tier 4 upgrade materials: The only reason I see for this behavior - if intended - is to prevent duping/muleing. It only makes it more complicated, but doesn't prevent it. I hate to dupe to "fix" this problem and I doubt many people even think of how to "work around" it. I think it would be best if those materials also drop for the Sellswords as well. If people really want to abuse the system to have tons of materials, they will do so either way. But please don't punish the regular players.

Black Pearls: Same as above.

NG/NG+ cycles: How about a dialog that opens for the Sellsword if the host enters "the final room". Asking the Sellsword if they wish to follow the Host and also progress their own game to the next NG+. This would have the following benefits:
  • No need to play through another NG world with End-game characters (that's really boring)
  • The Sellsword's world is also NG+ and they can "work" again for their creed - a feature that really helps in higher NG+ cycles
  • Possibility to switch Host/Sellsword role