Capcom’s Monster Hunter: World has been creating buzz ever since it was announced and it has no sign of stopping. Players have certainly been enjoying MHW’s timed betas when they were available and now the first Review Scores have come out.
Monster Hunter: World Famitsu Review
Famitsu is the first outlet to release a review, and has awarded MHW a cumulative score of 39/40, an almost perfect score! Despite some skepticism that Famitsu is a bit lenient, if the betas were any indication on how the game is going to be, this title will be a must have for new and veteran players to the series.
At an estimated 60 hours to complete story mode, players can of course expect plenty of endgame content, as the game and art director’s highlight: Not only that! We will also put out weekly event quest and free updates that players can enjoy post-launch.”
Those awaiting MHW can rejoice in the following features, compiled by ResetEra member “TheDkmariolink“:
- 40-60 hours of story content. In addition, it wouldn’t be a true monster hunter game if there wasn’t plenty of post story content for players to undergo.
- Smooth transition between maps will keep players always engulfed in the hunt.
- Powerful story
- Intricate systems: players can personalize and delve deeper into the mechanics.
- Accessible information from monster’s weak points to how weapons can be progressed are found in game.
- Plenty of things to find and encounter for those who love to explore as they hunt.
- Weekly events and other quality of life additions like free updates to keep players engage for time to come.
- Cat lovers can rejoice in hunting with adorable pals while Megaman fans can have Megaman helping them hunt.
Monster Hunter: World releases worldwide on January 26 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. A PC version will release this fall. A final open beta will be available on PlayStation 4 from January 18th to 22nd – featuring the Nergigante monster.
And If you’re more of a strategist, then this 101 on Hunting and survey of the Wildspire Waste, complete with recon images, will help you in your hunt.
Visit the Monster Hunter: World wiki
More Gaming News