Last updated on November 19th, 2018
The first patch update is coming after the launch of Fallout 76, Bethesda has been listening to fans for features and fixes. In the patch that arrives on November 19th. Further updates of stash increase, push to talk feature and more in the next few weeks.
Fallout 76 November Features and Fixes
Hoping to answer some of the wasteland’s fans, Bethesda releases a post on their official website outlining some of the bug fixes and added features that will be arriving this Monday. The fixes include an overall “game performance and stability” improvements for all platforms and is described as “large” by comparison to future patch sizes, meaning this is a one off whopper.
But the post doesn’t just release details of the latest patch, they also reinforce their earlier mentions of future content. They share again the promise of “new vaults”, C.A.M.P. improvements and “faction-based PvP” which should liven up the player vs player aspect.
You can check out the full list of updates which includes a few PC specific updates:
- November 19 Patch – The next update will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platforms but will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more. Patch notes will be available early next week. This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward. Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison.
- Stash Limit Increase – We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.
- Push to Talk for PC – After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks.
- Ultrawide Support for PC – 21:9 support will be coming soon. We have seen it in testing and it looks awesome.
- FOV Slider for PC – We know this is popular request for our PC players— look for an FOV slider soon.
In a post of their reddit page, Bethesda responds to other concerns that players have had while playing the BETA, some which have been fixed while others are for future updates. This post was made prior to the launch of Fallout 76 but were not mentioned specifically in the patch update.
- Exploits of Various Types: Many exploits we’ve seen reported have been known and will be addressed in a future update.
- Issues with social menu and inviting friends/making teams/etc.: Those who were experiencing issues with the social components will find that many of these issues have been fixed. We will continue to fix issues as they arise as fast as we’re able to, so keep letting us know when you run into them.
- Hunger not being sated: Some were saying their “Hunger bar” wouldn’t replenish no matter how much they ate or how cleared of diseases they were. This issue has been addressed and will be in a future update so no more hungry dwellers.
- Loud Gunshot/Noises: The issue of players hearing sudden random gunshot/loud sounds around Appalachia will be addressed in a future update near launch.
Which features are you most looking forward to? Any of them that aren’t on the list? Let us know in the comments below.
Fallout 76 is available to play on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. For all your wasteland needs find them here in our Fallout 76 wiki. The update arrives on November 19th, players should note that maintenance and update will commence at 9am ET.
If you want more Fallout 76 content be sure to check out our Fallout 76 Guides, including the Fallout 76: The Ultimate Melee Build Guide. Or you can check out news articles such as Bethesda Admits Some Fallout 76 PC Hacks Are True And Vow To Fix.