The apocalyptic Fallout 76 has undergone some rough issues since its launch earlier in November. Bethesda now share some upcoming details concerning the next major patches that will be released on December 4th and 11th.
Fallout 76 Details For Next Major Patches Revealed By Bethesda
Bethesda Game Studios are be a bit more forthcoming with the their plans for upcoming patches that are set to release this December. Since the rocky start to the newly released Fallout 76 that contained some bugs, they share in their latest post that they want to “work to make a better bridge between you and the dev team at BGS.”
Patch December 4th 2018
Next week will be when the first major patch rolls out, these include the much anticipated increase to Stash Limit. It will also include various performance and stability improvements, some balance changes and fixes to bugs in the game. They outline a few of the major updates, the full patch notes will arrive later this week:
- Stash Limit Increased: Stash storage limit will get a much needed increase from 400 to 600. They plan to roll out more storage increases later once they have made sure it does not effect game stability in a negative way.
- Boss Loot: Players will receive the correct two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
- Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
- Respawning When Overencumbered: Issue concerning players who die while overencumbered and only being able to Respawn at Vault 76 has now been fixed. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Stuck in Power Armor: The issue causing players to become stuck inside Power Armor has been addressed in this patch. The develops will continue to work on this issue.
Patch December 11th 2018
Another patch will be available on December 11th, it also include more bug fixes but will also contain some more “notable changes and features to the game”. These include Push-to-Talk for PC, SPECIAL Respec and more:
- PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
- SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
- C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
- Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also “Bulldoze” to clear these items from the surrounding area to make it more your own.
No news as of yet on the size of these patches but the developers had mentioned previously after the last patch being quite big the following patches would be smaller in size. They also share in their post that they are “working to reduce our patch sizes going forward”.
Fallout 76 is available to play on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. For all your wasteland needs find them here in our Fallout 76 wiki.
If you want more Fallout 76 content be sure to check out our Fallout 76 Guides, including the Fallout 76: Power Armor Build Guide (Heavy Gunner) and our Fallout 76: How To Build A Successful C.A.M.P. Guide.