Last updated on November 5th, 2019
Bethesda recently revealed the end of the year events rounding out the year, including the upcoming Witches Festival. Further details of how to partake in the Witches Festival and some new rewards during this spooky holiday season!
Elder Scrolls Online Witches Festival 2019
While usual Elder Scrolls Online Witches Festival activities ensue, this year adds some new rewards, a new hat, Glenmoril outfits styles and your very own “Witch” title. Not only will you receive bonus XP for taking part, this event that can earn you tickets to go towards Indrik Berries for the Pure-Snow Indrik mount evolution. Read on for the details!
Unleash Your Inner Monster to Earn Bonus XP
What: Witches Festival
When: Thursday 24th Oct 2019, 10:00 AM EDT until Monday 4th Nov 2019 10:00 AM EDT [UPDATE – Extended to November 11th]
- Acquire the “Crow Caller” item from the Crown Store, under the Holiday section to gain the free quest
- Complete the quest The Witchmother’s Bargain and receive the Witchmother’s Whistle memento (if you have previously completed this quest, you will not need to repeat it, just locate the memento in your Collections menu”.
- Using the whistle, summon the Witchmother’s Cauldron – grants your party two-hour 100 XP buff that will stack with all other XP bonuses.
- Using the Witchmother’s Cauldron turns you into the undead! Effects aren’t permanent (cauldron is not needed to earn XP buff).
Your efforts to join the Witches Festival will not go unrewarded, there are some spooky themed loot to earn during the event. All boss monsters will drop Plunder Skull containers, kind of like trick or treating but a lot more combat involed, these will contain different items.
Note: You do not need the XP buff or polymorph active to earn these witchy rewards but you can to do it in ghoulish style.
Plunder Skull Containers
You will have a chance to get your hands on the following items from these creepy containers:
- NEW pieces of the Skeleton Marionette memento
- Combine all 10 pieces to craft this collectible
- Hollowjack Motif Pages or Books
- Pieces of the new Apple-Bobbing Cauldron memento
- Combine all seven to receive a runebox that contains this unique holiday-themed memento
- A Runebox containing one of these masks:
- Witches Festival-themed recipes which include:
- Recipe: Sweet Sanguine Apples (Green)
- Recipe: Crisp and Crunchy Pumpkin Snack Skewer (Blue)
- Recipe: Crunchy Spider Skewer (Blue)
- Recipe: Ghasty Eye-Bowl (Blue)
- Recipe: Bowl of “Peeled Eyeballs” (Blue)
- Recipe: Frosted Brains (Blue)
- Recipe: Witchmother’s Potent Brew (Purple)
- Recipe: Witchmother’s Party Punch (Purple)
- Bewitching Alchemy reagents
- …and an assortment of creepy items!
This year you will also be able to net yourself some Glenmoril Armor Outfit Style pages, treasure map to where your can find some Glenmoril Weapon Style pages and Witch Festival Writ which will gain you the awesome title of “Witch”. Completing this Writ will gain you a new Witch hat collectible as well.
Dremora Plunder Skulls
Dremora Plunder Skull will be available this Witches Festival but the rules have slightly changed from last year. You can gain a Dremora Plunder Skull the first time you defeat each different type of boss each day. While these will contain the same items found in regular plunder skulls, you are guaranteed to gain a new Dremora Motif page depending on the boss you conquer. Dremora Motifs are tradeable, so you don’t get the one you want you can always swap with someone else. The type of motif page you will gain will depend on the boss type:
- Final Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs
- Dark Anchor, Geyser Bosses, and zone Dragons drop Dremora Motif pages for Daggers and Gloves
- Delve Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Staves and Belts
- Final Dungeon Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Helmets and Maces
- Public Dungeon and Quest Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shields and Boots
- Final Trial Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Swords and Chests
- World Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shoulders and Axes
Event Tickets and The Impresario
If you’re hoping to gain another berry for your Pure-Snow Indrik mount you can by earning two Event Tickets daily which will be part of the Dremora Plunder Skulls on your first boss drop of the day.
If you want more chances to snap up some mementos, you can also use tickets are the Impresario to buy them:
- Snow Berries of Bloom
- All four Indrik Feathers
- Glenmoril Weapon Outfit Style pages
- Glenmoril Armor Outfit Style pages
- Skeleton Marionette memento
- Apple Bobbing memento
- Witches Festival Writ, Wrapped
Note: Any item bought from the Impresario is bound upon pick up and tradeable. Catch the special event merchant in Daggerfall, Davon’s Watch, and Vulkhel Guard.
Use your Event Tickets by doing in-game events to purchase Feathers or Berries, plus you’ll earn bonus entries into the Season of the Dragon Sweepstakes with a maximum of 10 entries. You can find all the details on official rules page.
Don’t forget to #SlayDragonsSaveCats as Zenimax are continuing to make donations of $1 for every five Dragons defeated, so get slaying!
For more ESO content be sure to read next Elder Scrolls Online Slay Dragons Save Cats – End Of Year Events and The Elder Scrolls Dragonhold Launches October 21st. You can also check out our ESO guides sections for all the latest, builds and guides. Be sure to drop by our Elder Scrolls Online wiki for all the latest info.