Zenimax have announced that the Witches Festival will be starting October 22nd. Further details of how to partake in the Witches Festival and some new rewards to suit the halloween festivities.
Elder Scrolls Online Witches Festival 2020
This year’s Witches Festival 2020 will start on Thursday, October 22 at 10:00AM EDT, and will run until Tuesday, November 3 at 10:00AM EST. During this time you can gain some great rewards that will come inside Plunder Skulls, you will also get a 100% XP boost, Event Tickets and collectibles.
Below you will find out how to participate:
What: Witches Festival
When: Thursday, October 22 at 10:00AM EDT, and will run until Tuesday, November 3 at 10:00AM EST
- Acquire the “Crow Caller” item from the Crown Store, under the Holiday section to gain the free quest
- Complete the quest The Witchmother’s Bargain and receive the Witchmother’s Whistle memento (if you have previously completed this quest, you will not need to repeat it, just locate the memento in your Collections menu”.
- Using the whistle, summon the Witchmother’s Cauldron – grants your party two-hour 100 XP buff that will stack with all other XP bonuses.
- Using the Witchmother’s Cauldron turns you into the undead! Effects aren’t permanent (cauldron is not needed to earn XP buff).
Your efforts to join the Witches Festival will not go unrewarded, there are some spooky themed loot to earn during the event. All boss monsters will drop Plunder Skull containers, kind of like trick or treating but with a lot more combat inolved, these will contain different items.
Note: You do not need the XP buff or polymorph active to earn these witchy rewards but you can to do it in ghoulish style.
Plunder Skull Containers
You will have a chance to get your hands on the following items from these creepy containers:
- NEW Pieces of the Throwing Bones memento
- Combine 10 pieces to craft this collectible
- Hollowjack style items
- Dremora style items
- Witches Festival-themed recipes
- Recipe: Sweet Sanguine Apples (Green)
- Recipe: Crisp and Crunchy Pumpkin Snack Skewer (Blue)
- Recipe: Crunchy Spider Skewer (Blue)
- Recipe: Ghasty Eye-Bowl (Blue)
- Recipe: Bowl of “Peeled Eyeballs” (Blue)
- Recipe: Frosted Brains (Blue)
- Recipe: Witchmother’s Potent Brew (Purple)
- Recipe: Witchmother’s Party Punch (Purple)
- Witchest Festival-themed furnishings and furnishing recipes
- Bewitching Alchemy reagents
- And further creepy items!
There are even further rewards for the first boss type you defeat each day, you will gain a Dremora Plunder Skull. There contain Dremora Motif chapters, Witches Festival Writs (completing these will gain you a Witch hat collectible and Witch title). There are also Glenmoril Treasure Maps and Glenmoril Armor Outfit Style pages. If that isn’t enough there is the NEW Grave Dancer Weapon Style pages.
Dremora Plunder Skulls
Dremora Plunder Skull will be available this Witches Festival. You can gain a Dremora Plunder Skull the first time you defeat each different type of boss each day. While these will contain the same items found in regular plunder skulls, you are guaranteed to gain a new Dremora Motif page depending on the boss you conquer. Dremora Motifs are tradeable, so you don’t get the one you want you can always swap with someone else. The type of motif page you will gain will depend on the boss type:
- Final Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs
- Dark Anchor, Geyser Bosses, and zone Dragons drop Dremora Motif pages for Daggers and Gloves
- Delve Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Staves and Belts
- Final Dungeon Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Helmets and Maces
- Public Dungeon and Quest Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shields and Boots
- Final Trial Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Swords and Chests
- World Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shoulders and Axes
Event Tickets and The Impresario
As per usual this event will also grant Event Tickets, these can go towards the following rewards:
- All four Indrik Feathers
- The first two Crimson Indrik Berries (Budding and Bloom)
- Group Repair Kits
- The Throw Bones memento
- Grave Dancer Weapon Style pages
- NEW Grab Bags
There doesn’t seem to be Runeboxes this year, but instead a new reward of Grab Bags, these contain collectibles from previous Witches Festival events, so if you missed out on previous rewards or new to ESO, now’s your change to gain some of these previous treasures. Each bag will contain items that you don’t already own or know which means you won’t be finding any duplicate items. Players should make sure to open each bag and remove it’s contents as soon as it’s required, so as to avoid gaining any duplicates from new bags.
If you have gained every possible item from the Grab Bags, the next Grab Bag will contain Group Repair Kits. This event will allow you gain Hollowjack Motif pages, the Skeletal Marionette memento, Apple-bobbing Cauldron fragments, and the Spectre Mask collectibles.
The crown store will also be offering some spooky offers, this month includes a Dark Passions Regalia costume, Witches Coven furnishing pack, Nightmare Firestalker Cub pet and a Sister Gellenna houseguest.