The latest patch update for Elder Scrolls Online is a big one as it comes with a number of performance improvements and the requirement to reinstall the game client. It also released along the latest dungeons for the Harrowstorm DLC, Icereach and Unhallowed Grave. There are also a number of new collectibles, armor sets, titles and additions.
Elder Scrolls Online Update 25 Harrowstorm Major Changes
Update 25 for Elder Scrolls Online is a little out of the norm as it requires everyone to reinstall the game, but also comes with the good news that you will save a chunk of space on your harddrive as Zenimax have now consolidated a number of duplicate files and older data that is now obsolete.
The entire update is 64.22 GB and will dramatically decrease future patch updates, so that’s good news all round. Once you’re done updating you will also receive a free Crimson Torch Pet in the Crown Store for your troubles. The update is now live for PC players, but console players will also go through the same process on March 10th for Xbox One and Playstation 4.
New Dungeons – Harrowstorm DLC
There are new 4 player dungeons now available with the Harrowstorm DLC in both normal and Veteran difficulty with plenty of news sets to gain including Undaunted Monster Sets. This DLC is available for purchase separately in the crown store or as part of ESO Plus monthly subscription. This introduces the first of the Dark Heart of Skyrim content. Complete the unique achievements be rewarded with a unique body marking, a unique weapon style, several titles and unique housing items.
Players will venture strange isle of Icereach across the Seas of Ghosts . Expect to face the Icereach Coven, ruthless witches and face terrible storms that may lead to the loss of longboats as you sale from Northern Wrothgar.
There is also the dungeon Unhallowed Grave, where soldiers long ago buried something deep in the Bangkorai Garrison. This mysterious item is quite evil and is too dangerous to be left unguarded.
New Item Sets
New items sets gained from these dungeons include 2 Light Armor, 2 Medium Armor, 2 Heavy Armor and 2 Unique Monster Masks, totalling 8 sets. There are also additional Cyrodiil crafted sets that can be made at the stations in town Vlastrus, Cropsford and Bruma. In order to get to these areas your alliance must have captured and gained control of these towns.
You can find the list of sets, new dyes, achievements, titles and furnishings listed below:
New Collectibles & Dyes Several new Collectibles can be obtained by participating in the new Harrowstorm dungeons and completing various achievements: New Achievements & Titles Harrowstorm introduces over 30 achievements for proving your prowess in the Icereach and Unhallowed Grave dungeons. Additionally, there are four titles to obtain: New Furnishings
New Collectibles & Dyes
Several new Collectibles can be obtained by participating in the new Harrowstorm dungeons and completing various achievements:
New Achievements & Titles
Harrowstorm introduces over 30 achievements for proving your prowess in the Icereach and Unhallowed Grave dungeons. Additionally, there are four titles to obtain:
Base Game Improvements to Performance
This is the first wave of improvements Zenimax are rolling out in terms of Performance Improvements. They have previously announced a number of updates that will release this year. Update 25 introduces better frame rate stability, smoother display of motion and optimisation.
New PVP Campaigns
There are 4 new PVP campaigns that are all based on the theme of Dark Hear to Skyrim: Blackreach, Ravenwatch, Gray Host and Icereach. Any previous campaigns have been closed and players will be assigned to the new campaigns once End of Campaign rewards are given. You can check out the new campaigns below:
You can also now gain new collectibles called the Knight of the Circle Armor and Weapon Outfit Styles which can be purchased from the Knight’s Resolve or Knight’s Rebuke from a War Researcher in Cyrodiil. Each can be traded and are not bound.
Knight’s Resolve – 20 Arena Gladiator Proofs to generate a random style page for armor in the Knight of the Circle style.
Knight’s Rebuke – 40 Arena Gladiator Proofs to generate a random style page for a weapon in the Knight of the Circle style.
Master Writ Furnishings
Faustina Curios has now got a new shipment of Jounrneyman and Master Furnisher’s Documents from Elsweyr meaning new superior and epic furnishing plans:
- Elsweyr Journeyman Furnisher’s Documents are available for 20 Master Writs, while the Elsweyr Master Furnisher’s Documents are priced at 50 Writ Vouchers. These become available for purchase once you complete either of the following quests: “Rage of Dragons” in Northern Elsweyr, or “The Dragon’s Lair” in Southern Elsweyr.
You can also sought out new furnishing recipes that are available from Rolis Hlaalu:
- Diagram: Elsweyr Gong, Ornate
- Pattern: Elsweyr Bed, Senche-Raht
- Blueprint: Elsweyr Well, Covered
- Praxis: Khajiit Sigil, Moon Cycle
- Formula: Elsweyr Mortar and Pestle, Engraved
- Design: Elsweyr Bread Basket, Feast-Day
- Sketch: Elsweyr Game, Swan Stones
Undaunted Achievement Furnishings
Undaunted Quartermasters now offer two new furnishings associated with the Harrowstorm dungeons:
- Gray Reliquary: This ominous stone vessel contains the charred remains of an ancient army of the night. A haunting addition to even the darkest crypts.
- Purchase requires completing Unhallowed Grave at any difficulty.
- Icereach Coven Totem, Emblem: The witches of Icereach Coven mark their territory with unsettling totems that showcase their emblem. Some claim this blood-hued wicker spiral represents their eternal hunger for power no matter the cost.
- Purchase requires completing Icereach at any difficulty.
Combat & Gameplay
Probably one of the significant takeaways from the patch notes for combat and abilities is how block has been updated. The calculation for block by the server for sets and passives that key off block, which should now provide a more accurate transition between actively blocking and not. While the core mechanics of block cancellation hasn’t changed nor has the cost, it will now carry out more of the animation of your previous attack animation, providing hopefully a better gameplay experience.
An issue has also been fixed for when your character could still activate Block even when they had depleted Stamina.
Reduced Morph and Abilities Costs
There has also been a reduction for a number of morph abilities costs for balance changes:
- Necromancer’s Boneyard – Reduced cost of ability and morph from 4950 to 3780.
- Sorceror’s Summon Unstable Familiar –
- Reduced cost of ability and the Summon Volatile Familiar morph from 4500 to 3510.
- Lightning Splash – Reduced cost ability and morph from 3780 to 4950
- Templar – Spear Shards – Reduced cost ability and morph from 4950 to 3780
For the full list of changes including fixes and improvements you can check out our Elder Scrolls Online wiki.
If you’re currently playing ESO be sure to drop by our Elder Scrolls Online wiki for all you adventuring needs. You can also check out our ESO guides sections.