The Midyear Mayhem PVP event is back this January for The Elder Scrolls Online. Fight for glory for event tickets and gain new berries for the new Spectral Indrik.
Elder Scrolls Online Midyear Mayhem PVP Event Starts January 23rd
Midyear Mayhem celebrates warrior Pelinal Whitestrake, players who take part in PvP mode during the event will not only receive double XP and Alliances Points, but bonus rewards as well. You will need the Imperial City DLC to take part but it’s currently available for free on the in-game store. The event will take place on Thursday January 23rd at 10:00 AM EST and will end on Tuesday, February 4th at 10:00AM EST. Players can take part in either Cyrodiil, Imperial City and Battlegrounds activities. In order to receive the bonuses you will need to do the following:
- Open the in-game Crown Store to obtain and activate the “Details on the Midyear Mayhem” ticket.
- Travel to your Alliance War faction’s main gate in Cyrodiil using the Alliance War menu
- Find the NPC called “Predicant Maera” and pick up the quest “Midyear Mayhem”
- Note if you already completed the quest last year, you won’t need to do it again
- Complete the quest to receive your Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity and a Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box
- Use the scroll to enjoy a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
- Alliance Points gained
- XP gains for PvP player kills
Once you attain Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity, it’s yours to keep and can be re-used for the duration of the event. Those who have already received the scroll in the previous year’s event, you can use it for this year’s event too. Did you misplace your scroll? Not a problem, simply purchase another from Predicant Maera for 100 gold or 100 Alliance Points.
There will also be additional PvP campaigns during the event which won’t be Alliance locked so lookout for those.
So apart from honor, what will you be playing for? Midyear Mayhem rewards with new collectibles in addition to the Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath.
Legion Zero Outfit Style Pages
The outfit style this event is the Legion Zero‘s armor which are dropped from bosses in the Imperial City, these include the sewers and city.
You also have a chance to gain the Standard-Bearer emote. This is a new emote to be earned by collecting 10 Standard-Bearer’s Emblems which are found in the first Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box you open each day per account. Collecting 10 and combining them will gain you a Standard-Bearer’s License (on sale for 50,000 AP) from Predicant Maera to create your Runebox with the emote for that character’s Alliance.
Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath
As per usual you earn yourself the Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath collectible by heading to the battlefield and completing the following Achievements:
- Mayhem Connoisseur: Receive the blessing of the Whitestrake at one of the Alliance Gates during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Echo of Pelinal’s Fury: Read a Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Hand of the Whitestrake: Acquire your 25th “Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box”.
- Wrath of the Whitestrake: Defeat 50 opponents during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinavant the Scourge: Win a Battleground match during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinaline the Bloody: Capture a Keep in Cyrodiil during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinerrif Insurgent: Capture an Imperial District during the Midyear Mayhem.
All mentioned Achievements will need the Imperial City DLC but it’s now available for free in the in-game Crown Store.
Only through Midyear Mayhem will you receive Pelina’s Midyear Boon Boxes which will be in addition to Rewards for the Worth containers. During this year’s event you will be able to earn Boon Boxes from repeatable Town, Battle, Conquest, Scouting and Warfront quests that take place in Cyrodiil in addition to Battlegrounds repeatable quests.
These event boxes will contain Tel Var Stones and one of the following items:
- Transmute Crystals
- Alchemy reagents
- PvP consumables such as repair kits, forward camps, and siege weapons
- Motif pages for the Alliance and Akaviri styles
- Style items for your Alliance
- Akaviri style items
- Coldharbour siege weapons
- Prismatic Runestones
- Books of Pelinal housing items
Note that during the event, all nodes in Cyrodiil and the Imperial City will drop double the normal resources, and the Cyrodiil PvP merchant Adhazabi Aba-daro (The Golden) will have Alliance War Legendary-quality jewelry available. First week you will be able to purchase necklaces and the second week you can obtain rings.
Adhazabi can be found in the following places:
Aldmeri Dominion : Western Elsweyr Gate, north west of the bank on the minimap
Daggerfall Covenant: Northern High Rock Gate, next to Stablemaster Lureau Delatte on the minimap
Ebonheart Pact: Morrowind Gate
This will also be the first event to gain the first two Indrik Berries that will magically turn your Indrik mount into the new Spectral Indrik. There will be a total of 39 Event Tickets available during this event. To get your Event Tickets you will need to complete any of the following PvP daily quests:
- Battleground quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
- Scouting, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions
- Elder Scroll capture and recapture quests
- Town quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, Cheydinhal, and Chorrol
- Imperial City daily quests
- Requires “The Sublime Protector” achievement, earned by completing the Imperial City main questline
Once you’ve completed one of these quests, you will receive three Event Tickets in addition to your regular rewards. You can earn a max of three tickets per account per day, resetting at 1:00 AM EST.
The Impresario will also stock a number of items:
- Indrik Feathers
- Legion Zero Outfit Style pages
- Standard-Bearer Emotes
- Spectral Berries of Bloom
- Spectral Berries of Budding
The Midyear Mayhem event begins on January 23rd, don’t miss out on gaining some glory and some rewards.