Last updated on March 25th, 2019
The developer Larian Studios announces players will be able to gain some free content in the form of gift bags for Divinity Original Sin 2 along with the latest update and explains why these are different from loots boxes.
Divinity Original Sin 2 Releases Free Content In-Game Gift Bag
Making sure that fans of the game understood that the gift bag received in-game for Divinity Original Sin 2 is far from a loot box. Describing loot boxes as “hard and ostensibly containing loot” while “gift bags are soft and contain gifts”. These “Gift Bags” were released by Larian containing a new customisation options such as facial features, entirely new faces and hairstyles that you can use in your campaign. You can also use the new additions by heading to the Magic Mirror located aboard the Lady Vengeance to respec your current character.
There is also a plan to release a second gift bag during this year, no specified release date has been announced but the developer has stated it will be contain more customisation options that have been “inspired by our modding community”. The new content is now being created alongside two other European developers Fools Theory and Anshar Studios.
Godwoken! We’ve just sent you our first Gift Bag for Divinity: Original Sin 2 which features character creation content automatically patched into the game for free. Not to be confused with Loot Boxes, Gift Bags are filled with gifts, not boxes filled with loot. pic.twitter.com/47duwGVHZM
— Larian Studios (@larianstudios) March 8, 2019
The gift bag arrives with the latest update which included some bug fixes and support for the MacOS outlined in their post:
– Fixed a rare crash when joining multiplayer games with certain mods
– Fixed save file compatibility issue
– Fixed an issue with using the Swornbreaker in multiplayer games
– Fixed issue with player fast-traveling to Lady Vengeance
– Fixed Dashing June not taking gold from player inventory
– Fixed Sir Lora incorrectly absorbing Source
– Fixed the Frozen Family incorrectly initiating combat if defrosted in a certain way
– Fixed issue with Malady not appearing on the lower deck in some situations
– Fixed issues with players not receiving Seascape and Liberator achievements
– Fixed issues with The Gargoyle’s Maze quest not appearing in the Journal under certain circumstances
– GM: Fixed issues with certain children missing faces and limbs when switching torsos
– Fixed minor visual and audio issues
– Fixed some dialogue issues
– Fixed UI cutoff in Spanish
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is available to play on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4.
If you want more Divinity Original Sin II content be sure to check out our latest builds guides in Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition: The Sourceror’s Guide To Lone Wolf and Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Occult Flamewielder (Mage). You can also check out our Divinity: Original Sin 2 wiki for all your adventurer needs.