At the BlizzCon 2019 Blizzard finally announced what fans have been waiting for, Diablo 4.
Diablo IV Announcement and Info
It was during the opening ceremony for BlizzCon 2019 that Blizzard finally decided to share a cinematic confirming the existence of Diablo IV at long last. There have been some rumours and leaks leading up to BlizzCon, this confirms the action-RPG coming to PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
The cinematic shown, introduces events just before all hell breaks loose, three explorers who “willingly” unleash the creator, Lilith. It is set decades after the happenings of Reaper of Souls. This shows the kind of game players can expect with the fourth entry, a much darker and grittier setting. Sanctuary is in a time of chaos, filled with dangerous enemies which you will face as you attempt to cross the desert of Kehjistan.
- Exploration through the vast world of Sanctuary with open world with 5 distinct regions
- Freedom to choose where to go next, a less linear story progression
- Extensive playability with RPG progression, replayable dungeons, loot and deep combat
- New storyline where heroes will be called upon to take on challenges
- Deep character customisation including talent trees and skills, loot including legendary/set items, runes/rune combinations and personalised mounts
- New Keyed Dungeons which allow players to choose which challenging experiences to endure
- Similar PVP system to that of Diablo 2
- Deadly monsters with different types but all thematically-linked, working to together to pose strategic threats
So far Blizz have announced three heroes players can take on, the Barbarians, Sorceresses and Druids. There are 5 in total, with two more to be revealed:
- Barbarians bring the power of the new Arsenal system in battle, arming them with the ability to carry and rapidly switch between four different weapons at a time by assigning them to individual attacks.
- Sorceresses shape the elements to obliterate their foes, chilling their foes until they freeze and shatter, electrocuting them with bolts of lightning, or raining flaming meteors from the sky.
- Druids are savage shapeshifters who fluidly transform between werewolf, werebear, and human forms to unleash a cataclysm of nature’s fury on the forces of the Burning Hells.
There are some interesting class abilities such as Sorceress can light up dungeons that are covered by darkness.
There is also a lot of customisation built in for players to make their characters their own, not only in the way the look, but also with talent trees, skills and rune words. Rune Words was inspired by Diablo 2, but with a fresh new way to play with options. Of course there is a number of gear options, set items, legendary items giving further ways to differentiate builds.
Gameplay and Exploration
Diablo IV takes a different direction in terms of exploration, players can encounter an open-world, with 5 different connected regions with no borders. The worlds is much bigger than previous titles, meaning you can use your mount to travel.
There are also social hubs to interact with other players and find others to complete world events with which are much more challenging enemies. There are also PVP areas for those who want to take on other players.
So far this is what has been announced by Blizzard with more information coming specifying talent and skills. If you want to keep up to date with all Diablo IV news be sure sure to bookmark our newsfeed. Those at Blizzcon 2019 also get to test out the demo, getting a taste of Diablo 4.
Diablo 4 is set to release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC with no release date as of yet.
Check out the Diablo 4 Wiki to keep up with all Diablo IV News!
For more news be sure to read next Baldur’s Gate 3 New Image Revealed and Demon Knights Ankhoron An Open World Action-RPG Launches Kickstarter Campaign. Also don’t miss out on games release this November in Top 5 Upcoming RPGs And Games Of November 2019 (Star Wars, Pokemon, RDR2 And More! ).