Bungie’s Holiday event for Destiny 2, The Dawning 2017, made its way to players on December 19th. Unfortunately, Bungie loves locking everything behind paywalls, taking strong influence from EA. Now that I have my melodramatic complaint out of the way, here is the 4-1-1.
Destiny 2 | The Dawning 2017 Guide
Yes, it true that most (95%) of items are behind “Eververse“, which players must spend real cash for or use the Bright Dust that they obtained by playing the game and dismantling unwanted Eververse items.
Nothing besides a Ghost with XP boost is really a must have as everything are mostly attire/cosmetics. However, this accelerates the complaints that there is nothing to grind for and the content is instead found in the Eververse, the true end game.
The Dawning is live from December 19th, 2017 up until January 9th, 2018, so lets attempt to maximize your potential to obtain what you crave.
All Eververse Dawning Items
First Log In
- Tess will give 1 free Dawning Engram per account. All other characters will get a pack of Shaders containing 5 uses.
Spreading Holiday Cheer / Strike Up Peace
- Mayhem PvP: Players will need to complete 5 matches, win or lose. 20% gain per match. Doing Mayhem will also complete your Call to Arms milestone if you did well in Mayhem. Completing this step gives you a chance of getting a Dawning Engram.
- Complete Strikes: 5 strikes are needed to complete; 20% gain per strike. Nightfall and Prestige Nightfall count towards this goal. I personally suggest doing 3 Heroic Strikes and 1 Nightfall to fulfill the weekly milestones for them and then a Prestige Nightfall to increase players light level. If the prestige is out of your league, then another Heroic Strike is your best bet since you will want to stack up on Paradox Amplifier for those Forge Weapons.
- Post-Strike: After the last strike, players can obtain a Dawning Engram. This is the only way to obtain these engrams without buying them. It is hard to say if players will get a guaranteed drop as my first week I received 1 for each character, while this week I only earned 2.
- Reward: Ikora will give players “Boon of The Dawning” after the final strike. During week 2, head to the farm to see Tyra.
Today’s Gift Milestone
- Daily Gift is found left of Ikora. This can be done once per day on each character a player has. (max. 3 per day)
- There is a limit of 12 quests. If players exhaust all quests, when they attempt to pick up their daily quest, they will be instantly rewarded.
The 12 Quests Guide
- Rahool’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 10 Engrams Collected (Purple or Gold)
- 50 Taken Defeated
I suggest doing the raid underbelly for easy engrams or doing public events on the flashpoint planet. Io will be a great location to find Taken to defeat whether roaming around or at public events.
- Ikora’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 30 Thralls Defeated
- 10 Datalattice Obtain
On Titan, there is the Witches public event to farm these Thralls and several lost sectors in the Rig that also contain these enemies. For Datalattice head to Artifact’s Edge, Exodus Black, and Watcher’s Grave on Nessus.
- Lord Shaxx’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 10 Phaseglass Collected
- 15 Servitors Defeated
Head over to The Rapture and Giant’s Scar on Io to comb the land for Phaseglass. For the Servitors head down to the EDZ and farm the Servitor heroic public event 3 times.
- Sloane’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 40 Acolytes Defeated
- 10 Datalattice Obtained
Head over to Titan and comb the land for some Acolytes. If you’re unable to find some try the Lost Sectors on the Rig. For Datalattice head to Artifact’s Edge, Exodus Black, and Watcher’s Grave on Nessus.
- Banshee’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 30 Hobgoblins Defeated
- 10 Datalattice
Hobgoblins can be found near Watcher’s Grave or in the Lost Sector of Artifact’s Edge. I personally like the Lost Sector since you can find 3 and other players can’t kill them. For Datalattice head to Artifact’s Edge, Exodus Black, and Watcher’s Grave on Nessus.
- Amanda’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- Devrim’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 30 Fanatics Defeated
- 10 Alkane Obtained
Fanatics can easily be found in Ikora’s Six Meditation mission or head to Nessus and do the Vex Spire public event. Each event should spawn roughly 9 fanatics so you’ll have to repeat this several times. Siren’s Watch and The Rig on Titan will quickly give you the Alkane resource materials that needed.
- Zavala’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 50 Red Legion Defeated
- 10 Phaseglass Obtained
Red Legion can be found in Trostland on the EDZ and in Artifact’s Edge on Nessus. Head over to The Rapture and Giant’s Scar on Io to comb the land for Phaseglass.
- Hawthorne’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 50 Enemies on Nessus Defeated
- 3 Alkane Spores Obtained
Farm public events on Nessus to quickly dispatch 50 enemies. Then head to Siren’s Watch and The Rig on Titan. This will take a while as this resource has a rare drop, roughly 10%.
- Failsafe’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 3 Dusklight Crystals Obtained
- 20 Minotaurs Defeated
Head to the EDZ and comb Trostland, Outskirts, Winding Cove, and The Sludge for Dusklights Crystals. This is a rare drop so it will take some time. Minotaurs spawn during the heroic public event of the Vex Spire. While you are waiting for that event, head over to the lost sector in Artifact’s Edge and farm the Minotaur at the end.
- Asher’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 50 Enemies on Titan Defeated
- 10 Phaseglass Spires Obtained
Warp over to Titan and participate in several public events to defeat the necessary enemies. Warp over to The Rapture and Giant’s Scar on Io to comb the land for Phaseglass.
- Cayde’s Dawning Gift Schematic
- 15 Wizards Defeated
- 10 Dusklights Obtained
Head over to Titan and do the adventure Deathless for the Wizard requirement. There are 2 wizards in a dark area where repawn is deactivated. Kill them and suicide to repeat this method for quick and easy wizards. Alternatively, the Witches public event spawns 3 but the chances of you killing all 3 is very low. Head to the EDZ and comb Trostland, Outskirts, Winding Cove, and The Sludge for Dusklights.
Destiny 2 is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
More Gaming Guides