Darkersiders Genesis sets to be a top-down action-RPG, adding a spin-off title to the Darksiders franchise.
Darksiders Genesis Top-down Action-RPG Announced at E3
A new cinematic trailer was revealed at E3, announcing the addition of a spin-off title to the main Darksiders series. Darksiders Genesis will be coming in the form of a top-down action-RPG much like Diablo. It will pit players against enemies in a dungeon-crawler, you’ll kill monsters and gain loot.
As you hack’n’slash your way through, you’ll be playing as a new Horseman of the Apocalypse called Strife. According to THQ Nordic he has been called “upon to save humankind from certain destruction at the hands of Lucifer“. There will be plenty of intense combat, places to explore, puzzles to solve and epic bosses to battle.
While the latest entry Darksiders III was developed by Gunfire Games, Genesis is being developed by the Battle Chasers: Nightwar studio Airship Syndicate. According to a recent article by Venturebeat, the developer shared that the game will take anywhere between 15 to 20 hours to complete, depending on your playstye:
The hour count we’re shooting for is maybe 15 hours. It’s not a super long game. But again, the levels are replayable. I’m sure completists will spend more than 20 hours playing it. It also depends on how good you are. In multiplayer it’s a lot quicker to get through, when you have another player helping you.
The features from the official Darksiders Genesis website:
- Blast angels and demons as the gunslinging Horseman Strife, playable for the first time
- Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay
- Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode
- Experience a brand new story campaign that takes place before the original Darksiders, exploring the origin of the Seven Seals
- Grow in strength and power as you collect items, abilities, weapon enhancements, creature cores and more
You can check out the trailer below:
Darksiders Genesis will be launching on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC and Stadia releasing this year 2019.
For more recent E3 news be sure to read next Project Scarlett Won’t Be The Last Xbox Console and Elden Ring Sets To Be FromSoftware’s Biggest Title Yet.