Last updated on January 16th, 2019
The third installment of the Darksiders series, Darksiders III features Fury, one of the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse. This hack and slash action-adventure game will pit Fury against the 7 Deadly Sins. Recently patch 1.05 has been released for all platforms to lessen stuttering and overall changes for Darksiders 3 that continues to make the game easier.
Darksiders 3: Patch 1.05 Contents
Additions & Quality of Life Affecting Difficulty
- Added new option for Combat.
- Upon loading a save or starting a new game, players will be prompted to choose between “Default” and “Classic” combat.
- “Classic” mode should feel more like previous Darksiders titles allowing Fury to dodge interrupt her attacks as well use items instantly.
- “Default” mode is the original combat mode for Darksiders III. The option can be changed at any point in gameplay options while playing.
- This has no other effects on difficulty or achievements*.
- *despite the above, classic mode will be generally easier as one can evade mid combo making the game closer to its classic hack n slash as well as, having no cool-downs on items.
- Improved ledge grab detection on Fury so she can more consistently grab ledges.
- Additional optimizations to help stuttering while streaming.
- Added “Health Lurcher” item to Vulgrim that allows player to purchase refills for Nephilim’s Respite.
- Added “Echo Mark” item to Vulgrim that allows player to refund their spent attribute points.
- Added a few new checkpoints.
- Raised the level cap to 200.
- Re-balanced leveling curve post level 80 as well as stat rewards.
- Random crashes
- General performance improvements.
- Force Coral where it wouldn’t break correctly.
- This will also fix previous saves with this issue.
- Checkpoints that weren’t registering.
- Cycling difficulty options while in game will not affect actual difficulty unless it is changed.
- Abraxis Health bar showing up but he is missing.
Gameplay & Items Balance Changes
- Fury will no longer take damage while performing an Arcane Counters.
- Havoc Form does more Damage.
- Increased Havoc Generation on Obscurus Enhancement.
- Havoc generation starts at 10%
- this has been the second time this enhancement got buffed
- For compete detail see our All Enhancements & Locations Guide
- Increased Health and Damage amounts on the Fortifier Enhancement*.
- couldn’t find any changes as this looks like the same adjustment from Patch 1.04
- Increased Health Regeneration and Lurcher Reward from destroying breakables on the Leviathan Enhancement.
- Increased Chance to Spawn Wrath when killing an Enemy on Rage Enhancement.
If you want more Darksiders content be sure to check out the Darksiders 3 Trophy Guide & Roadmap. You can also check out more of guides in Darksiders 3 Stat Breakdown And Diminishing Returns Guide and Darksiders 3 All Luminous Visage Locations Guide. For all your whipping needs find it here in our Darksiders III wiki.