Dark Souls III Leaked: Screenshots! (Rumor)

Dark Souls III Leaked: Screenshots! (Rumor)

Last updated on August 5th, 2015

There were many hints that another Dark Souls game may be happening soon. But Souls fans may not have been prepared for how soon that was! With the game’s approach starting to become a subgenre in its own right, and freshly out of Bloodborne, which is still due an expansion… 2016 will bring you Dark Souls III on Xbox One and PS4. *PC is TBD

Allegedly, a leak revealed to  The Know several screenshots and mechanics of the game as follows:

The new setting looks really interesting! What do you all think?

Basically…

• 10 classes
  • 45 new enemies
  • 15 new bosses (hmmm, kinda low)
  • 100 new weapons
  • 40 armor sets
  • 60 minutes of cutscenes (ohboy)
  • Enemy and Boss numbers don’t include those from the previous games.
  • Weapon and Armor sets also don’t include those from the previous games.
  • (No idea if that means they won’t be included at all)
  • 200 items, this includes spells, rings and consumables
  • Cutscenes will be mostly inengine.
  • There will be 12 areas, in total it will be a similar amount to Dark Souls 1
  • With the “Sacrifices” you can supposedly use them to help you, two examples were spawning a bonfire and an NPC. They can also effect light sources, enemy layouts and boss battles.
  • Boss battles will now have a “Heat Up” factor. An apparent example given was that a boss could completely change to something else. There is a knightlooking enemy that could turn into a grotesque beast. It’s speculated that this is similar to Demon Soul’s World Tendency mechanic.
  • Dark Souls 3 will introduce “Sword Fighting Arts” They sound like equip able special moves that can give you abilities. Two examples are given: “Rush In” (Dive towards an enemy, taking damage but also delivering massive damage) and “Circle” (Most likely a type of dodge move, it’s described as something to use to when vulnerable and want to get away from the enemy).
  • First boss appears to be some kind of demon water creature, spoopy

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Says: “Invade Other World”, Spell: Soul Arrow, Miracle: Ceremonial Flamesword

Image

Image

Image

Share your theories in the comments!

Read more Dark Souls Articles

Visit the Dark Souls III Wiki

MMO raider by day and guide writer by night, Fex enjoys multiplatform gaming, good books and animes, and streaming with a cold beer.

View my other posts

162 comments on “Dark Souls III Leaked: Screenshots! (Rumor)”

1. Avatar XuitusTheGreat says:

I’m hyped but I’d be lying if I wasn’t just hoping a little that the E3 announcement might be a remake of Otogi…..

2. Avatar Alkaiser says:

Plot twist, both share the glory at E3 :D

3. Avatar Castielle says:

I’m 95% sure there will not be a gameplay trailer at E3. Most likely a cinematic one like Bloodborne had last year.

Cas

4. Avatar Noob-of-Artorias says:

E3….plz….you’re going to kill me with all these awesome games.

E3…wut r u doing, E3 STAHP!

5. Avatar Aim_v_Here says:

I’m 95% sure my level of hype will be the same….hell, they could show a screenshot of a Dark Souls 3 load screen for 2 minutes and I’ll be hyped.

6. Avatar WTFDude says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

7. Avatar TSMP says:

If it had the item decriptions, that would actually be really awesome. Get a bit of a feel for the world.

8. Van says:

I hope it’s faster than Dark Souls 2, but slower than bloodborne.

Something similar to "Sword Fighting Arts" I expected. I look forward to this feature :)

9. Avatar Baseborn says:

I’m guessing a delayed release on Steam. I really hope I’m wrong though and it releases the same day as consoles.

10. Avatar Serious_is_Me says:

From Software slowly (or more accurate, quickly) becomes one of the best game studios in the world…

I prefer Bloodborne’s setting over Dark Souls’ by alot…

But I’m still hyped like a mofo… you can never have enough Miyazaki… I just hope we will have quality PvP like we had in Dark 1… the Bell system and invaders HP reduction killed Bloodborne’s PvP :(

11. Avatar Fexelea says:
    The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Allegedly, a leak revealed to The Know several screenshots and mechanics of the game as follows:

12. Avatar Alkaiser says:

Is nobody going to talk about this gesture? :cheers: :D

13. sOuLii says:

so glad i bought a ps4. at least i dont have to worry for a PC release as of now…
    and boy… do those few screens look great.
    dragons, giant masses of whirling darkness thingies and a bleeding sun. words cannot express how hyped iam…

14. Avatar dn1nd says:

Can’t wait to see how Lore gets shaken up and refleshed out.

15. Avatar HirokiSugihara says:

:^)

16. Avatar junker154 says:

I was not really looking forward for a new Dark Souls but after seeing this and especially hearing about the changes in the mechanics, I’m definitely looking forward to this.

Previously, I felt like would start to rehash the same game again. Dark Souls 2 was an amazing game but I have to say that some of the dlcs and things left a sour aftertaste. Glad to see they really mix things up. It looks great thus far.

17. sOuLii says:

lets start with that huge worm made out of darkness we see crawling trough the whole picture.
    the end of it seems to be at the right side of the picture.
    seems to be the same darkness that the sun is bleeding ^^ please from, let me fight that thing….

18. Avatar dn1nd says:

Already have a guess that the heat up mechanic is related to the sacrifice mechanic. The 2 screens of the boss battle in the video showed the arena darker in with the hideous look, and light with the knight look of the boss.

Pretty sure that relates to the lore about humans taking heir true form in the dark.

19. Avatar BlitzKeir says:

Cautiously optimistic. I figured DkS ended with its sequel… didn’t feel it needed one in the first place. But, Miyazaki’s directing, and the man’s damn good at world building. So I’ll wait and see what he cooks up. Worst-case scenario, I just continue playing DkS, BB and DDO.You don’t fight it. It’s a friendly NPC. Kaathe is back, baby!

20. Avatar Alkaiser says:

If it is indeed the third entry to the Dark Souls series, then the story should take place in the Age of Dark.

21. Avatar DarkNoobz says:

i’d like to point out that even if this turns out to be true, it is not officially confirmed, thus still remaining a rumor. :P

22. Avatar Praise-the-sun says:

Miyazaki better not pull another ‘one setting fits all’ type of game like BB. The levels cant all exclusively be gloomy, there needs to be a balance between night and day since that is where Ds thrives.

23. Avatar skarekrow13 says:

This SEEMS like something I’d be really excited about. SEEMS like…

And I am!

24. Avatar Argetlam350 says:

Have to say that I was uncertain I would want a Dark Souls 3 but now seeing these screenshots and hearing what changes there might be, I’m quite estatic though I do hope the story is different since Dark Souls 2 story is basically nearly the same as Dark Souls story. It was an interesting twist showing that no matter the choice that it always leads to the cycle happening again but doing it again would be somewhat redundant. So I hope for a new story somewhat. Also hope the bosses are better, I like the idea that depending on things it seems the boss fight will change.

25. Avatar AlbaMeira says:

I’m getting a bit of a Dark Souls x Bloodborne feel from the stuff that has been revealed so far.

One of the new cities reminds me of Yharnam but a more destroyed version of it. I like everything revealed thus far it just took me by surprise really. To say i am hyped for this is an understatement here’s hoping that when we get more information that we’ll be able to learn a bit more about the story as a whole.