The nearly two decade old MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot, will be getting a free-to-play option beginning in fall of 2018.
Dark Age of Camelot – F2P!
The title, which launched in 2001 for North America and Europe, was developed by the now defunct studio, Mythic Entertainment, and is currently in the hands of Broadsword Online Games since 2014.
The game features an interesting premise in that it brought players to a land embroiled in a war between three regions from a fractured Kingdom; a byproduct from the passing of its great King, Arthur. It also combined various fables and mythologies including Norse, Celtic, and Arthurian, and added in a layer from the High-fantasy genre as well.
Announced fairly recently in a blogpost, Dark Age of Camelot‘s upcoming free-play alternative will be dubbed “Endless Conquest“, and will welcome new adventurers to experience its world, albeit with some restrictions of course. And of which, include:
- 1 Character Slot
- 4 classes available in each realm (not spec-buffing classes).
- Will be unable to use the /rp off and /xp off commands.
- Experience, bounty point, coin, and realm point gain will be significantly reduced and/or throttled compared to normal accounts.
- Will be limited to a maximum Realm Rank of 3L9.
- Cannot learn tradeskills
- Can only trade player-crafted items.
- Purchaseable access to the personal vault or /bank.
Furthermore, fresh accounts will only be accepted into the new Endless Conquest mode, meaning veteran players won’t be able to carry over their old subscription from the game.
Dark Age of Camelot is readily available on the PC platform, while it’s free-to-play mode, “Endless Conquest”, will commence in late 2018.
More Gaming News