Last updated on August 20th, 2021
Developer CD Projekt Red has released Patch 1.3 which adds a number of improvements to the game plus the free DLC.
Cyberpunk 2077 Free DLC and Patch 1.3 Now Available
This week developer CD Projekt Red released some new details about the now released Patch 1.3 for Cyberpunk 2077. The patch notes which have been released detail improvements to the minimap, adjusted conversation options for the early story quest to the Clouds club and adding an item that will make respeccing cost less in the long run.
A free DLC was revealed today during the reveal livestream which is also available alongside the patch, which can be found under “Additional Content” in the Main Menu. The DLC adds two new jackets for V, an alternative appearance for Johnny Silverhand and a new vehicle called the Archer Quartz Bandit, which can be picked up by purchasing it or earned as a reward.
According to senior quest designer Patrick Mills, “this is the first of our small DLCs” and they will be “releasing more later”.
These small DLCs are not to be confused with the expansions the developer plans to release according to senior level designer Miles Tost, which will be similar to what happened with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The Witcher 3 receive two full-scale expansions Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, with free DLC including quests, monster contracts and more.
Plans for Cyberpunk 2077 has not been smooth sailing since its launch, being taken down from the Playstation Store and the developer having to concentrate on fixing the game’s many bugs and issues. This meant changing the post-launch roadmap and cancelling the multiplayer mode to focus on the current state of the game.
But whether this will be enough to appease Cyberpunk 2077 players maybe a little too late. Fans of the game have made their voices heard with comments through Twitter, disappointed with the small updates. This was also addressed in the livestream.
Patch 1.3 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia!
— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) August 18, 2021
You can check out the main gameplay improvements below:
- Improved the minimap’s zoom level when driving, so that it’s more zoomed out and easier to navigate.
- Automatic Love – screen with pictures of Skye and Angel will be displayed substantially longer, making it easier to choose between the two.
- Added a button which allows to reallocate the distribution of Perk points on a character’s skill tree.
- Increased number of slots for autosaves from 10 to 20 and for quick saves from 3 to 10 across all platforms.
- Added Database links to Journal entries.
- Added an accessibility option for center of screen dot overlay which helps with reducing/avoiding motion sickness. It can be enabled in Settings → Interface → Center of screen dot overlay.
- Fixers will now message V to offer a car for purchase less often.
- Improved the Screen Space Reflections effect so that it looks less grainy on consoles and on lower visual settings qualities on the PC .
- Added a filter for quest items in the Backpack.
- Quest item tags from miscellaneous Job items will now be removed after finishing associated quests, allowing to sell or drop them.
- It is now possible to rotate V in the Inventory with a mouse.
- Players will now properly be able to craft a quickhack even if they once crafted it and then got rid of it.
- Added a comparison tooltip for cyberware.
- Improved a notification when buying cyberware and not meeting the level requirements to equip it.
- It’s now possible to upgrade crafting components in bulk.
- Added new sleeping spots for Nibbles in V’s apartment.
- Icon on a disposal crate will now turn red when player picks up a body instead of being grayed out.
- Landmine icon will now be grayed out after disarming it.
- It’s now possible to use an elevator while carrying a body.
- Happy Together – Barry now has an updated, more unique appearance.
- Base item will now be highlighted green like other components if it’s present in the Inventory when crafting the same item of a better quality.
Cyberpunk 2077 is available on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Stadia.
For more news you can check out next Biomutant Surpasses 1 Million Copies Sold and Cyberpunk 2077’S Next Major Patch 1.3 Will Adjust Minimap And More.